17 days ago
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > PSI Software & Tools
Our Software & Tools Sub-Module department is responsible for building and maintaining our tools and software used internally. It aims at leading our digital journey within a broader department called Power System Integration in Vestas' R&D organization. The Software & Tools team aims to strengthen our software capabilities by developing tools, streamlining workflows and processes, as well as to bring new tools to life. It has an important part in accelerating our digital power plant solutions. We aim at doing our part in helping Vestas reaching the vision of becoming the global leader in sustainable energy solutions through the delivery of high-quality software while supporting our organization with increased levels of automation, digitalization, and process efficiency.
In developing our software ecosystem, we collaborate with different parts of our organization, from R&D to operations, having a global presence that supports Vestas' worldwide business. We value agility, taking the initiative, and being truly software-mind-oriented!
As a Software Developer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Performing software engineering activities and optimizing our tools' performance and availability
- Govern our database strategy on development, test, and production environment operations
- Play an important role on developing and defining our architecture that supports our strategy on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Continuous Integration (CI), Test Automation, and DevOps
- Govern the architecture and act as the main go-to person and mentor whenever your teammates need help designing new features or refactoring existing features
- Work with other Software and IT departments across Vestas
- Define software development best practices and democratize them across our broader department
- Play an important role in our API journey on decoupling our backend and frontend solutions
- Maintain and develop our current deliverables, that range from desktop applications, and Web APIs to simple scripts that enhance our productivity, quality, and time to market
- B.Sc or M.Sc. in Software Engineering or Computer Science or similar
- Professional experience in software engineering and software architecture
- Proven professional experience in implementing a service-oriented architecture
- Proven professional experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure Pipelines would be a big plus
- Identify yourself with Vesta’s values: Passion; Accountability; Collaboration and Simplicity
- Takes initiative, being creative and capable of changing the status quo
- Inspired by results and getting things done with a quality mindset
- Plays an important role in a team environment and is motivated by working in a multicultural environment
- Delivers effective results through both others and you
- Open-minded with an agile way of thinking
- Lead your surroundings in a consistent manner
What We Offer
We offer you a job in a true global and fast-moving organization with excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where the emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a great technical commitment in a very inspiring environment. You will be directly involved and promote the development of a core product and service, which is of outmost importance to our customers. You will definitely take part in the future energy revolution working towards a more sustainable planet! We will offer you an attractive compensation and benefits package with a good work-life balance.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.