Senior Software Developer
19 days ago
We are hiring! Are you up-to-date with the latest tech?
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > SCADA Platform Software
We have the aspiration to build an even stronger software competence center in Porto over the next years. Therefore, if YOU what to be a part of this journey and have a true enthusiasm for software and engineering then this may be a position for you. This position will be in the SCADA Platform Software sub-module.
- Be engaged in the early stage feasibility studies of new products working together with other engineering disciplines like converter, electrical, hardware, etc.
- Completing full software development lifecycle, including code review
- Write well designed and testable code
- Be committed to writing and updating comprehensive technical documentation and maintain software functionality
- Be a significant contributor to the continuous improvement of our processes and tools
- MSc in Software/ Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with C#
- Minimum experience: 7 years
It’s an added value to have:
- Experience with Bash/Powershell
- Experience with GIT and JIRA
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Development
- You are creative, enjoy problem-solving, results-oriented and have a good sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the good quality output
- You have a creative approach to new opportunities
- You achieve goals as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Last, but not least, you will be required to work within an international team
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job in a creative, international environment. You’ll be working in a fast-growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the wind energy sector. As well as offering an attractive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to work effectively to achieve results.
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.