13 days ago
Are you ready to work in a very innovative environment in the industry of wind energy?
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Blades Material Systems
The Blades, Procurement Department is part of the overall Vestas Global Procurement organization, and responsible for Vestas Global supplier base. The Department is split into various commodities.
This area is responsible for the commodity of Vacuum Process Materials (VPM) to Vestas globally.
The Blades team is based on 25 people located in Denmark, China, India, Portugal, Germany, Brazil, Mexico and USA.
We are responsible for developing the supply base short, medium & long term with a view to always be able to satisfy requirements (KPIs) re. safety, quality, delivery and cost and thereby contribute actively to improve the competitive growth of the Group. Leading and driving improvement to Total Cost of Ownership is imperative.
- Responsible for KPI fulfilment on own supplier portfolio with a double digit million EUR spend.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand market demands and to incorporate into Commodity and supplier strategies.
- Be the subject expert of the commodity & overall sourcing responsible for the responsible materials
- Lead & Participate in Cross functional Management Team(s) with global stakeholders
- Lead & Participate in Strategy development in alignment with the regions
- Lead negotiations/develop negotiation strategies in alignment with the regions
- Coordinate and align efforts/initiatives with Cross functional colleagues
- Support project managers to ensure Production fullfilment at suppliers
We expect that you hold a degree within Engineering/ Economics/ Business Administration or a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration or other relevant education. In addition to that we expect that:
- You have minimum 6 years of strategic purchase experience working under global environment
- You are a great communicator, who are experienced in negotiating contracts on a high professional level in an industrial company with multiple global footprints
- You have advanced skills in stakeholder management under a global environment
- You understand English both verbally and in writing
- You are an experienced IT user (Microsoft Office)
- In addition to your professional background and skills we attach importance to the following personal skills:
- You are action-oriented and motivated by participating in setting the agenda
- You are result-oriented, persistent and good at navigating in a varied and complex working environment
- You are a person with great collaboration skills (you will have a very broad interface - both internally and externally - and will work closely with people from all over the organisation and on all organisational levels)
- You are dynamic and proactive - and you seek out new tasks and responsibilities on your own initiative and are ready to take the lead and make a special effort
- You are structured and systematic - you are effective at making plans, prioritising and follow up with focus on quality
- You are change-oriented and used to adapt according to the development in the company and in the department
What we offer
We offer a challenging job with excellent opportunities for vocational and personal development at the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment a strong and expanding industry
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.