Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Nacelle Project Management
The Nacelle Project Management Department consists of 15+ highly skilled and qualified Project Managers and Planners at three different sites (India, Portugal, and Denmark). The department is responsible for the portfolio management and execution of projects in the Nacelle Module where we have +200 employees. We are responsible for the full lifecycle of the product and therefore projects can be both Technology Projects, New Product Development, and Projects to support the Operational part of the Business. The Nacelle Module is primarily developing Structural and Mechanical components but is having a close collaboration with several other Modules and the entire Value Chain.
- You will be responsible for the Offshore Program within the Nacelle Portfolio including the Full Value Chain for New Product Development Projects
- You will be responsible for roadmap planning with the Nacelle Management Team, Technical Leads, Product Owners, and the Value Chain
- You will be responsible for initiating new projects within your program and be responsible for the quality of the project baselines
- You will be responsible for running projects within your program and supporting the PMs implementing the projects
- You will be responsible for reporting risks and issue management to Senior Management
- You will be supporting PMs to solve conflicts and challenges within their projects and within your program
- You will be a Senior Leader within the Nacelle Project Management organization and you are expected to motivate, coach, and develop the project managers
- You will always have broad external exposure in the company, and you need to build and maintain relations with a large range of stakeholders in the entire value chain incl. senior management, keeping the team motivated and your stakeholders supportive to plan and implement the program effectively
- You will contribute to the departmental and organizational development by continuously improving the way we work, tools, and processes
- Diploma or Master level education within a relevant academic field (e.g. Engineering or Business)
- Project management education or relevant project management training courses
- Project management certifications (e.g. within Prince2 or IPMA)
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in Project, Program, and Portfolio Management of medium to high-complexity R&D projects
- Experience in Integrated Product Development and facilitating finding the best compromises across the value chain
- Experience with developing complex programs, sometimes with high uncertainty, and projects in a Global Matrix Organization with many stakeholders from all areas of the value chain
- You are experienced in Stakeholder Management and reporting to Senior Management
- High language skills (verbal and written) in English are required
- You have a positive "can-do" attitude and you can guide teams through challenging times
- You are always constructive and you are proficient in conflict management and negotiations
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, result-oriented, and have a good sense of responsibility
- You are an emphatic leader with good interpersonal skills who motivates, develops, and takes care of your team and colleagues
- You are good at networking and communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- You have a solid commercial understanding and can naturally incorporate external partners, as well as the full value chain of Vestas, into your daily work
- You are decisive and capable of prioritizing the work
- You are structured, good at organizing, and you are good at getting administrative tasks processed
What We Offer
You will get the chance to make an impact on the green agenda with innovative solutions. In a fast-growing organization, you will find yourself in an exciting and sometimes unpredictable job with motivated and skilled colleagues. We have a diverse mix of experience and skills, working close together to make Vestas' vision a reality. You will experience a 'people first' attitude with a lot of empowerment and responsibilities. In short, join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference for the future.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.