Senior DevOps Engineer
22 days ago
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > DevEx
Vestas Power Solutions (R&D) is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future. As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Turbine Control Software department is responsible for developing control algorithms for the different HW components like, gearbox, generator, hydraulics, yaw, lubrication and a so much more as well as the safety Software and sensing Software. In the Turbine Control Software module, we among other have 8 sub-modules that owns and are fully responsible for a complete functional area of the wind turbine, not only for the development, but also for life-cycle management and strategy of that functional domain. And then we have this sub-module "Developer Experience" which is an Enabler sub-module. Meaning we work outside all the ongoing projects with a responsibility and focus on making all the other teams more efficient. This means a high focus on DevOps working closely together with the other sub-modules to understand pain points and how we can improve these in the future. The department consists of highly skilled, international engineers who has full autonomy and accountability for all aspects of their work and which are placed across Portugal, Denmark and India.
- Ensure other teams can work more independent and efficiently
- Improve the 'Infrastructure as Code' (CI/CD pipeline) as a DevOps engineer to simplify the delivery pipelines and workflows
- Make improvements to our application framework code to enable more simple development of features with the right quality and speed by other teams
- Promote the continuous improvement of our processes and tools
- Simplify and improve our build scripts
- Different support tools to provide Metrics for all developers
- Structure of code within our GIT repos
- Experience and enthusiasm for DevOps
- MSc in Computer-science or relevant Engineering field
- Programming skills in Python
- Experience with GIT version control
- Understanding and experience in Agile software development framework and demonstrated experience in applying Agile/Scrum methodologies
- The ability to communicate positively with stakeholders within a large organization
- The desire to be an agent of positive change
It's an added value if you have:
- Experience working on a large code base that is continuously maintained and extended over time
- Experience with C#, C++
- Programming skills in scripting languages like Ruby, Bash and PowerShell (until we have them replaced with Python)
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket and GitHub
- Experience with Jenkins
- You are motivated, result oriented and have a good sense of responsibility
- Encouraged by results and can get things done
- You have a creative approach to new opportunities
- You achieve your goals as part of a team, and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- Cannot do the same task twice without thinking about how you can automate it
- Value delivering on promises made
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Open-minded and attracted by working in an international team
What We Offer
We offer you a job with full life cycle responsibility for an important part of the SW system, in a very adaptive team which will empower you to take your own decisions and implement your solutions, and where safety and quality are in focus. You will be able to build a large network across a large and truly global organization with great opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally. The work environment is result-oriented, at a high professional level and with a great technical commitment. The working environment in is informal but with clear direction and result oriented. You will be part of an enable team working outside the larger ongoing projects, together with very skilled colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will have ~20% of your time to do whatever you think is the most important work to provide you with the time to innovate. You will work with a purpose, clearly understanding the value of what you're delivering and how it's contributing to avoid climate change.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.