Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Blades Module
This is a senior role in the Blade Technical Management team accountable for improving blade strategy, competitive solutions, and design quality for Blade Protection Systems. The team is made up of enthusiastic employees located in Lem in Denmark, Isle of Wight in UK, Chennai in India and Porto in Portugal.
Porto is the preferred location but good applicants for all sites will be considered and should apply.
- Accountable for the development, performance and effective integration of blade protection systems into blade products. Blade Protection Systems include Lightning Protection, Cold Climate Protection (Anti/De-ice) and Blade Health Monitoring solutions
- Understand and define key performance metrics and maintain a roadmap for blade protection systems development. Deliver to blade projects a pipeline of mature blade protection solutions.
- Continuously improve performance and maturity of blade protection systems in line with current and future needs using engineer best practice and tools incl FMEA, IDOV 6sigma, readiness level (TRL, MRL, SRL).
- Work alongside cross-functional stakeholders to understand design drivers for the full value chain: Performance, specification, cost, mass, process cycle time and capability and ensure the right balance is achieved
- Ensure Quality. Be accountable for design quality and effective implementation of blade protection systems in blade products by ensuring systematic design process. Lead and sign-off Design Peer Reviews and Component Functional Review to ensure product and component quality and delivery is realised
- Facilitate creation and maintenance of product and component design guidelines. Lead continuous product and OPEX cost-out campaign
- You will hold a bachelor or masters degree in engineering or equivalent, coupled with practical knowledge of electrical/mechanical design and manufacturing, preferably in the wind industry
- 10 years’ experience in the integration of electrical and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated technical leader able to coordinate range of stakeholders and achieve best outcome
- Experience bringing developments and projects to successful conclusion
- Experience of Design for Six Sigma and CATIA is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English, orally and written
- Proven team-player with passion for quality
- Ability to guide and mentor engineers
The below technical competences are advantageous:
- Knowledge of relevant design standards – IEC61400-1, IEC61400-5 and IEC61400-24
- Electrical (LV and HV – lightning protection)/mechanical system analysis, design and testing
- Ice accretion, heat balance and thermal analysis, design and testing
- Knowledge of design of control systems
- Integration of system and structural components
What we offer
We offer a senior role in the heart of Vestas where development of high-quality blades is in focus.
You will be part of an international work environment across three locations with highly skilled employees. We are an innovative department, where we each and everyday work to create the best possible product in the industry.
Travel activity: Up to 25 days a year.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.