Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Product Solutions & Integration > Product Functions > Operational Readiness
Operational Readiness is anchored in Vestas Power Solutions. Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested, and improved. To put it in short, Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern energy and the powerhouse of the wind industry's development, deployment and maintenance of the best product solutions.
The team is responsible for ensuring that our products are ready for mass production. We capture learnings from prototypes and ensure that Vestas's products get started quickly. Our team ensures the learning loops across Vestas to improve performance and keep our products up to date. There is a high degree of stakeholder management and collaboration across the entire business.
We are characterized by a culture based on accountability, where employees get the chance to create meaningful, real-world impact through their work. We also cultivate employee performance and growth by providing an inclusive, motivating environment with collaboration at its core. You will experience a team of great diversity within competencies, experience, gender, and nationality.
In the role of Product Project Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring effective project execution, streamlined communication, and resource optimization throughout the product launch process. You will also be part of a team consisting of 5 other project managers and 1 business analyst for the area. Moreover, your main responsibilities will be:
- Resource and Budget Management: Manage budgets, cost and resources for operational readiness projects. Ensure the right and prioritized booking of allocated resources
- Report the status of the projects to management and relevant stakeholders, e.g., the impact of new design changes on the budget and project timeline.
- Educate the organization on lessons learned from previous projects
- Support and coordinate the implementation of design changes (rework or retrofit) throughout the development process (manufacturing, assembly, prototype installation & service)
- Ensure seamless collaboration in the full Vestas value chain (manufacturing, transport, procurement, VPS technology, construction, and service) to implement design changes in a fast and agile manner
- A bachelor's/masters degree in Engineering, Commerce, or Project Management.
- Professional experience in a comparable industry or role
- Certified in the Stage-Gate model (Prince 2, PMI, or similar)
- Proficient in risk management and possesses contractual/commercial expertise
- Demonstrates product and industry understanding, especially in the wind or renewable energy sector
- To have experience in onshore wind projects is a big plus
- Ability to build a solid project organization and efficient relations with team members and stakeholders
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to listen actively
- Positive personality, focusing on realizing opportunities
- Uphold value-centric leadership with good team management and collaboration skills
- Excel in varied environments with continuous good people management and collaboration skills across all levels
What We Offer
We offer a very exciting career opportunity in a flat, multi-cultural and ever-growing organisation focusing on reaching top-notch results. You will get a high level of responsibility as well as inspiring colleagues and a committed manager who encourages you to grow. You will be directly involved and direct the development of a core product that is of utmost importance to our customers and the global transition to renewable energy. With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future. Join us in the fight for a more sustainable world.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis. We can withdraw from the job and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.