Do you want to shape the future for green energy?
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Nacelle TCM
At Vestas, we power the solution for a more sustainable future, we do this for the planet as a company, but also for our people as an employer! Because we are enthusiastic about what we do, we feel a solid sense of accountability, aim for constant improvement and innovation. Working with Vestas means every action you take contributes to renewable energy and essentially has an impact on building a more sustainable future for us and the generations to come! Can you support building the world's most efficient wind energy platform, then come join us! Nacelle Transport Construction & Maintenance (TCM) team is a part of the Power Solutions business unit in the Vestas R&D organization. The department is responsible for developing and maintaining standard work processes and tools for the transport, installation, and service of the nacelle wind turbine components. Through our high-quality smart data capabilities and significantly more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 25,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future. Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity. We are growing and it's a great opportunity to be a Maverick in a fun-loving team to raise our quality standards even higher!
Our team is responsible for the development of tools, processes and manuals related to the transportation, construction and maintenance of wind turbines both onshore and offshore. Your responsibilities include the following:
- Define, plan and coordinate technical project activities ensuring an interface with internal and external stakeholders to support project delivery within the overall project timescales and targets
- The contributor who leads to defining new procedures and tools required for Transport, Construction, and Maintenance, supporting product modularity and scalability whilst promoting continuous improvements initiatives
- Deliver quality solutions on time and cost-effective measure
- Make sure the Nacelle and its components are designed for transport/construction/maintenance (efficient solution across the value chain: tool cost, processing time and effort)
- Run feasibility studies, select concepts, design tools/processes, validation though FEA and physical tests
- Participate in field testing to validate new procedures and tools, whilst in close collaboration with the Technicians
- M. Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or similar
- 4-7 years of experience as a Structural or Mechanical Designer
- Hands-on with transport, installation, or maintenance tools and manufacturing processes of wind turbines or other large components of similar product line is beneficial
- You have a good understanding of different design/process tools (DFMEA, PFMEA, process mapping etc.)
- Good undeofding about ECM (Engineering Change Management) and its impacts across the value chain
- Experience in 3D modelling and 2D drawings, PTC Creo Parametric preferred
- Experience with PLM software, PTC Windchill PDM Link preferred
- Good technical project management skills with proven evidence of making decisions and coordinating projects
- Proven leadership of design and cross-functional teams
- Good commercial awareness to maintain a focus on cost, and quality whilst handling risk
- Supplier Management, comfortable with developing components/tools based on Tecnical Specifications in a innovative industry
- Motivated, Team-oriented person
- Highly capable of capturing engineering requirements, defining and controlling project scope with deliveries on time and with quality
- Good English skills, written and verbal
What we offer
We offer you an agile environment that is exciting, rewarding, and complex for a global leader in sustainable energy solutions. You will be part of a professional and focused team with a focus on quality and an open-minded international working environment. You will have a broad interface and work closely with people from all over the organization, at different organizational levels and locations worldwide.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.