Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Power Plant Integration & Analysis
You will be part of a key area within Vestas Power Solutions by joining our Power System Integration department. In Power System Integration we focus on product development to ensure grid compliance of Vestas power plants. We are a global organization in very close interaction with the market and that is involved in various innovation and technology activities with our external partners. The core products within Power System Integration include the development of Vestas power plant controllers; the design of advanced products and solutions for grid integration of Vestas plants; electrical simulation models; electrical infrastructure design of Vestas power plants. We build on the department core competencies within Power Systems, Controls, and Software Engineering.
Power Plant Integration and Analysis is a team within Power System Integration that is committed to product design and plant solutions to support Vestas’ grid compliance, leveraging on our grid simulation and analysis capabilities to tackle emerging grid phenomena and other grid integration challenges.
We value initiative, taking leadership and being motivated.
As a Power System Engineer in Power Plant Integration and Analysis, you will be part of a global and diverse team that deals with a variety of modern power system projects. You will be engaged to support Vestas in maintaining and further strengthening its position as a leader within grid integration. In this role you will be looking into advancing our power plant simulation and testing capabilities with a focus on site-specific configurations of our Power Plant Controller (PPC) and communication networks, applicable both in wind offshore and onshore contexts. You will enable Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) preliminary Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) for our different renewable energy projects, taking our Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) test benches into the next maturity level by combining, in a close-to-real environment, a set of hardware and software solutions that together form a Vestas’ power plant. Your main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain a high technological platform/lab facility aiming at allowing pre-commissioning of Vestas power plants comprising both Wind Turbine (WTG) and PPC hardware and software components
- Conduct and automate electrical control performance tests for Vestas’ power plants by leveraging on the existing testing and power system simulation environments to allow for FAT and SAT of Vestas’ plants
- Closely collaborate with our technical operations and commissioning teams to deliver pre-commissioning solutions for Vestas power plants, enhance site-specific performance, and mitigate project grid connection risks
- Participate in global cross-functional teams, involving several engineering disciplines, developing power plant grid code compliance simulation and testing solution
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or similar
- Sound knowledge about power systems and grid integration, control theory, and system dynamics
- Experienced working with combined software and hardware environments
- Good attitude to work with software-in-the-loop (SiL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) power system solutions in lab facilities
- Basic knowledge within IT disciplines, virtualization technologies such as virtual machines and docker containers is an added value
- Good programming and scripting skills (C, C++, Fortran, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with communication networks, concepts, and telecontrol protocols (e.g., IEC 60870-5-101/-104, DNP3)
- Familiar with Linux operating system is an added value
- Knowledge with power system simulation tools (e.g., PSCAD) and real-time solutions (e.g. OPAL-RT, RTDS) is an added value
- Experienced in making simple solutions out of complex problems
- Delivers great result both through yourself and others
- Performs in a progressive and challenge rich business environment
- Plays well in a multi-cultural team environment, revealing the capability to grow other engineers
- Leads your surroundings in a direct and motivated manner
- Have a structured and organized way of working
- Be a genuine networker and able to build, develop, and maintain relationships in a global environment
- Connects with Vestas values of simplicity, collaboration, accountability, and passion
- Possess English skills at a high level
What We Offer
We offer you a job opportunity in a truly global and fast-moving organisation with excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a great technical commitment in a very inspiring environment. You will be directly involved and promote the development of a core product and service, which is of outmost importance to our customers and the future of our planet.
We will offer you an attractive compensation and benefits package with a good work-life balance.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.