Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Applications, Controls & Electrical > PPC Controls
PPC Controls is an R&D house and part of Vestas Power Solutions. In PPC Controls, we are bridging the needs and requirements from the Transmission Systems Operators (TSO) with the capabilities of our Hybrid Power Plants by developing advanced Power Plant Control algorithms. We are responsible for designing Grid connection offerings and Power-to-X based solutions according to emergent market requirements and the ancillary services market. The solutions will mainly be implemented in the Vestas Power Plant Controller. Our team consists of 18 employees with high diversity in skillset, seniority, and ethnicity. We live the Vestas values of: Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity and Passion, which form the backbone for our culture of aiming for world class. We are Global team with Engineers in Denmark and Portugal. We collaborate very closely with our department in Chennai, India, and our value chain to deliver effectively on projects.
- Design and implementation of control functionalities for Hybrid Power Plant control in model-based design using MATLAB/Simulink
- Perform verification at the plant level electrical performance in simulation tools like MATLAB-Simulink and PSCAD as well as in the HIL test environments and on a real wind power plant
- Actively collaborate with technical project members and technical solution for upcoming products i.e. Next Generation PPC
- Translate system level requirements down to sub-systems level requirements, plan and identify verification and validation activities
- Act as technical lead in projects using system engineering approach to designing modular products
- Contributing to technology development projects to develop new or expanded functionality
The ideal candidate has master's degree within Engineering in Electrical, Control or software engineering or similar discipline
- Keen interest in System architecture, system integration, User requirements and V-Model
- Proficient user for MATLAB/Simulink
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in developing control software
- Working knowledge in power systems controls like wind power plants or HVDC plants
- Good understanding of business, customer insight and end-users
- Knowledge about systems engineering incl. D-FMEA, Requirement management, Quality functional deployment (QFD), building functional flow diagrams, context diagrams is an added value
As a person you are self-motivated, professional, and committed by nature. You have a good sense of quality and a can-do mentality. Furthermore, you have:
- Understanding of complex technical systems and ability to organize them in a structured way
- Ability to work with no supervision and to establish good team working relations is essential
- Pragmatic, structured and hands-on in your working style; you get things done
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Good experiences in working with cross-functional projects
- Good coordinating skills and following-up
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity and interest for people
- Motivation to learn
What we offer
An opportunity to grow and to be part of a large multinational organisation pursuing the vision of being the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. You will be an integrated part of a Power Plant Control team, valuing professionalism but also a casual atmosphere. As part of the Power System Integration, you will engage in a wide variety of projects and directly impact the direction of Vestas' external representation, supporting realization of commercial targets and Grid Code Fulfilment on Global Scale.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.