Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Yaw System
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future. The Yaw System is a part of the Vestas Power Solutions, with sites in Denmark, Portugal and India.
You will be joining a team of skilled engineers responsible for the design and integrity of the Yaw System.
Your tasks will vary in complexity and nature but will mostly focus around verifying the structural integrity of the components we develop. A typical workflow might look like this:
- Clarifying and aligning design requirements with all relevant stakeholders
- Perform Failure Mode Analysis (i.e. DFMEA)
- Obtaining, and often modifying CAD geometries to match those requirements
- Setting up and implementing FE analyses to verify the new geometry
- Iterating all the above until we converge on an optimal design
- Create and maintain documentation towards the design
- To provide meet the constant opportunity of designing larger and more complex wind turbine structures, within increasingly tighter time and cost constraints, you'll also be expected to bring a spirit of innovation and healthy skepticism with respect to the way we plan and implement our work
- Above all, you'll be expected to work and act as part of a team, sharing knowledge, successes and failures as part of one unit
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. within Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related fields
- Minimum combined 10 years relevant experience within at least three of the following (added value):
- Design and development of mechanical systems
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA); e.g. Ansys, Abaqus
- Proficient at coding within a common scripting language (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
- Certification - e.g. INCOSE or formal training is an added value
- Understanding and experience with CAD modelling
- Modular product development & Project Management
- Wind energy technology design
To be suitable in this role, we expect that you:
- Quickly pick up on the array of software tools and processes we currently use in our workflow
- Can develop innovative solutions to the issues we face when performing these analyses, up to and including development or introduction of new tools and processes into our workflow
- Have a good understanding of CAD modelling in order to:
- Make small modifications to existing CAD models
- Efficiently communicate with Design Engineers
Additionally, we expect that you:
- Succeed as part of a team and that it comes naturally for you to collaborate and share knowledge
- Have the patience to listen to, understand and respect your colleagues
- Are committed to pushing the state-of-the art in Wind Turbine simulation technology
- Like to work with complex engineering problems and have a creative approach to new opportunities
- Take pride in initiating and driving technology development projects through a large organization
- Are pro-active, result oriented and have a good sense of responsibility
- Have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
It is an added value if you have:
- Experience with Ansys and Creo
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g. Scrum)
- Project Management and business education/experience
- Experience within other large corporate organizations
- Are proficient at coding within a common scripting language (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
- Vestas is a multi-cultural and global company and international applicants are very welcome
What we offer
- In Nacelle Module you can expect to find a working culture that is friendly and informal, but with clear direction. We place a great emphasis on co-operation, transparency and a healthy work/life balance
- We take pride in each-other and, as such, you can expect to work with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment
- As part of a global, industry organization, we also offer opportunities to grow and develop, both professionally and personally
- You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position
- Last, but not least, we offer the opportunity to be part of the solution to one of the most important global projects of our time - ensuring that our future is based on sustainable, clean energy
- Primary work location is Porto, Portugal
- Please send your application as soon as possible as we will close the position when we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.