Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Power Management
Come and be part of the energy transition - Vestas' products have until now supported our customers avoiding 1.7 billion tons of carbon emissions. If you feel inspired by developing Software solutions, have experience in Embedded Software, have an interest in delivering high quality in everything you do, and want to be part of a great and experienced team of SW engineers, then you may be the candidate we are looking for to scale the Power Management Sub-Module. Power Management is one of the eight functional development teams, within the Turbine Control Software Module. It controls all critical systems power supply inside the turbine, by implementing and testing the software based on requirements, with the purpose of preventing turbine structural damage and turbine downtime, all carried out in close collaboration with mechanical stakeholders. The team consists of highly skilled, highly experienced, international engineers across Portugal, Denmark and India, who are taking responsibility for all aspects of the Software deliverables.
As a Lead Software Engineer Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate closely with software developers in the team and with stakeholders in the auxiliary power area
- Participate in full project lifecycles using Agile practices for the software development
- Be engaged during the functional and software requirements definition of the turbine's control systems
- Be committed in writing and updating comprehensive technical documentation and maintain software functionality
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining our control systems for the various hardware components of the turbine
- Be developing high-quality software in an engaging and complex domain
- Engage in root cause analysis to identify potential turbine performance issues
- Be a significant contributor to the continuous improvement of our processes, software, and tools
- MSc or BSc in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer-science or similar
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++
- Extensive experience developing embedded systems
- Object Oriented & State based software design
- Hands-on experience with product or technology development
- Desire and ability to understand and maintain overview of a wide range of advanced technical domains
It's desirable to have:
- Experience or interest in power system engineering
- Experience in control software
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, and other Atlassian tools
- To be effective in the position we expect that:
- You are problem-solving, results-oriented, and have a solid sense of responsibility
- You have a creative approach to new opportunities
- You embrace changes and constantly look for ways to improve
- You don't compromise on quality
- You achieve goals as part of a team, and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- You are culturally open-minded and able to establish relationships across geographical boundaries and cultures
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at a global wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.