Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Applications, Controls & Electrical > PPC Controls
PPC Controls is an R&D organisation and part of Vestas Power Solutions (VPS). Our primary focus within PPC Controls is to bridge the requirements of Transmission Systems Operators (TSO) with the capabilities of our Hybrid Power Plant controller. This involves the development of sophisticated control algorithms to enhance the functionality of our Power Plant controller to meet stringent grid code requirements.
Our responsibilities extend to the design of Grid connection offerings in alignment with emerging market demands and the ancillary services market (i.e., Function like FCR, FFR among others).
Our team comprises 20 professionals, showcasing a rich diversity in skill sets, seniority levels, and ethnic backgrounds. Upholding the Vestas values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity, and Passion, we have cultivated a culture that aspires to achieve high standards.
As a global team, our engineers are based in Denmark and Portugal. We maintain a close collaboration with our counterparts in Chennai, India, as well as throughout our value chain. This collaborative approach ensures effective project delivery, reflecting our commitment to quality.
- Design control algorithms for complex industrial applications and validate their performance
- Exhibit good knowledge of software design and implementation, coupled with a solid understanding of electrical grids and power systems
- Design and implement control functionalities for power plant control using model-based design with MATLAB/Simulink
- Proficient in using Linear Control Design tools such as Bode, Nyquist, Kalman, root locus
- Familiar with basic concepts of Optimal Control, Model-Predictive Control & System Identification
- Conduct verification of plant-level electrical performance in simulation environments such as Simulink Test/PSCAD and in Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test setups
- Assume a technical lead role in software development projects, applying V-model and agile project management principles
- Preference for master's degree within Electrical power engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledgeable about the Grid code requirements at Point of Connection (PoC)
- Experience/knowledge about the Grid stability problems (Harmonics, Flicker, Voltage drop, Interarea oscillation, Resonance)
- Conventional synchronous generators and their control
- General understanding electrical power system
- Knowledge about Electrical components (Transformers, STATCOM, SynCon, PV)
- Proficient user of MATLAB/Simulink & PSCAD software tools
- Working knowledge in power systems controls like wind power plants or HVDC plants etc
As a person you are self-motivated, professional, and committed by nature. You have a good sense of quality and a can-do mentality. Furthermore, you have:
- Understanding of complex technical systems and ability to organize them in a structured way
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to establish good team working relations is essential
- Pragmatic, structured and hands-on in your working style; you get things done
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills
- Good experiences in working with cross-functional projects
- Good coordinating skills and following-up
- Highly developed Interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity and interest for people
- Motivation to learn
What we offer
An opportunity to grow and to be part of a large multinational organisation pursuing the vision of being the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. You will be an integrated part of a Power Plant Control team, valuing professionalism but also a casual atmosphere. As part of the Power System Integration, you will engage in a wide variety of projects and directly impact the direction of Vestas' external representation, supporting realization of commercial targets and Grid Code Fulfilment on Global Scale.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.