Embedded Software Developer
22 days ago
Do you want to make a change for the better in the world?
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter Control HW and FW
Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future. Converter Control HW & FW sub-module is a global and diverse team with people from different locations that develops, verifies, and maintains all software functionalities of converters for all onshore and offshore Vestas turbines. We provide the software for the first-in-class converter solutions of Vestas with quality meeting system and grid requirements.
- Take ownership of the technical tasks/solutions in different projects and actively work with the converter team and other stakeholders
- You will have software development tasks, as part of the Converter Software development team, which is responsible for the converter software architectural design and development of our real-time embedded control system for all converters
- You will be engaged in product performance feedback from the field and new product requirements are translated into a new feature, functionality development, or improvement to the modular converter control software platform
- You will have the possibility to guide, participate and interact with team members and other stakeholders to ensure the SW solution developed is according to expectation and adhere to the modular SW roadmap
- You will be asked to take Tech responsibilities roles in different projects
- Master’s or Bachelor of Engineering in one of the following/similar disciplines: Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in real-time embedded software
- Working experience in C++ and C
- Have a good functional and modular SW development understanding
- Solid SW architectural understanding, and able to perform new software design, development, and debugging with no supervision
- Experienced in Product development for systems including HW and SW interactions
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Jira, Git, and Jenkins is an added value
Advantageous but not a requirement:
- Experienced with product Configuration Management Tool (i.e. Configit)
- Knowledge of System Engineering methodology
- Knowledge of DFMEA methodology
- Systematic and structured way of working
- Highly independent and self-initiated to learn
- Highly skilled in problem-solving analysis and software debugging
- Can abstract from details when needed
- A focused person and not afraid to learn new technical areas
- Experience in defining functional specifications, conducting system validation, and preparing technical documentation
- Good communication skills both to the internal team and to external stakeholders
- Being skilled in estimating tasks and communicating with project managers and functional leads are preferred
- Process-oriented and product life cycle understanding
- Able to coordinate other team members and able to work in a multicultural and global environment
What we offer
- We offer a truly global opportunity in a project-oriented organization with great opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where the emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions
- You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a solid technical commitment in a very inspiring environment
- You will be directly involved and coordinate the development of a core system in a wind turbine and will get exposure to the latest converter software and Hardware-In-Loop systems in Vestas
- You will be involved in the full Life Cycle of converter software from development to delivery into turbines and feature upgrades. We have a people-oriented approach and people are our most valuable assets and there are several learnings and career development and professional growth opportunities
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.