Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Control Units & Electronics
The Control Units & Electronics department is a part of Vestas Power Solutions and are responsible for the control hardware solutions and development of low voltage electronics (incl. FPGA and firmware) for all Vestas turbines - both the existing and new fleet. As Electronics Engineer you will join our experienced team consisting of people from Denmark and Portugal. The Electronics team have many stakeholders in Vestas as it is part of a large value chain from technology roadmap to development work with various departments before the product lastly should be matured together with sourcing and manufacturing across the world.
As an Electronics Engineer your responsibilities and work tasks can amongst other include:
- Participate in all phases from ideation, specification, detailed design, implementation, documentation and test.
- Redesign due to obsolescence
- Obsolescence maintenance
- Testing (Board bring up, Functional, Environmental, HALT, EMC etc.)
- Stay updated on newest technologies within electronics area
- Maintenance of component database
- Validation of alternative components
- Contact to suppliers, manufacturing and sourcing
- Calculation of optical budgets in fiber optical communication networks
- Work within our change management system with change request, change notices, BOM maintenance, etc.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar from an accredited University
- +2 years of relevant working experience
Knowledge & Experience in:
- Analog / digital circuits
- Discrete components
- Microprocessors / FPGAs / Memory
- Power supply's
- Electronics design, testing and documentation
- EMC and environmental testing and correct EMC design
- Tools for Schematic/PCB Layout (Preferably Altium Designer)
- Mechanical enclosures (not the actual mechanical design)
- Experience within other large corporate organizations
- The ideal candidate is interested in technology and a broad knowledge of electronics, both in new and older designs.
- You have great stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
- You have good problem-solving skills and possess the ability to control conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- You are a focused person who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- You are practical, problem-solving, results-oriented and have a good sense of responsibility.
- Moreover, it is essential that you have strong analytical skills and are detail oriented, enabling you to deliver results.
- You are a person, able to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and timelines, to accurately meet deadlines.
- You are culturally open-minded, a good communicator and able to establish relationships across geographical boundaries and cultures.
- You have good written and verbal English skills with people at all levels across the organization.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a world-class team in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. The working environment is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position. You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.