Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Coolertop
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
The Nacelle Cooler Top Sub-module (Department) is a part of the Vestas Power Solutions and the Nacelle Module, and we have sites in Denmark, Porto, and Chennai. The Module is responsible for the design and integrity of Vestas Next Generation Nacelles, and the Cooler Top sub-module is responsible for the development of liquid cooler panel systems and supporting structures.
As Sub Module Owner (Department Manager), you will be responsible to motivate your team and drive the Nacelle Cooler Top Sub-module. More specifically, your responsibilities will cover:
- Develop the strategic direction and "line of sight" of the area
- Guide your team, including objective setting and aligning development areas
- Coordinate resources and prioritizations in alignment with project management and stakeholders
- Coach, develop, and guide your team with Agile/Scrum practices and values to improve customer satisfaction
- Identify project opportunities and risks for your area, including risk mitigation together with your team
- Handle project challenges with employees and stakeholders
- Stakeholder management and relation building
- Full responsibility for KPIs and sub-module Full responsibility for leadership within the Nacelle Coolertop area
- Relevant BSc/MSc engineering background within Structural, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- Min. 5 years of relevant leadership experience including insight into project management
- Experience with running mid or large international engineering teams
- Experience in structural design and verification of large components is an added value
- Professional English skills, verbal and written
- Experience with Systems Engineering will be desirable
- Familiar with agile methodology, such as Scrum is desirable
- Great leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members on location and remote
- Ability to work by intent, with clear framing of goals for internal and external employees
- High degree of personal planning including the ability to assist on large projects
- Full commercial awareness and understanding of the business implications of the sub-module decisions
- Solid communication skills that enable you to convey issues to management and stakeholders in a convincing and concise manner
- Process-oriented, progressive, and a skilled stakeholder manager
- Value chain oriented with end-to-end perspective
What We Offer
We offer an ever-growing workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a world company in sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.