Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter Design & Integration
Vestas Power Solutions is the R&D function of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the sustainable power systems of the future.
Within the business unit Vestas Power Solutions, the department Converter & Electrical Module is responsible for technology and product development of the wind turbine's frequency converters, their control, and high-voltage transformers, switchgear, and cables. The department includes several sub-modules, of which two specifically covers frequency converters. Vestas' wind turbine converters are based on internal design and verification in collaboration with strategic suppliers. Our modularised, scalable converter product platform is manufactured at Vestas' strategic supplier's factories. Converters are designed by a mixed set of competencies, with in-depth understanding of underlying technologies, like semiconductors, magnetics, thermal management, protection & fault handling, EMC, structural integration, design-for-reliability, and verification methodology.
The converter design teams work with suppliers and internal stakeholders - turbine integration, procurement, assembly, and quality - to provide best-in-class solutions from our teams' locations in Denmark, Portugal, India, and China. As Converter Design & Integration Manager, you will be responsible for mechanical integration, cooling, CAD component integration, and electrical connections to the generator and high-voltage transformer, and you will report to the Module Owner of the Converter & Electrical Module and be part of the Module management team.
You will be responsible for the Converter Design & Integration Sub Module and the performance of the team: Delivering high-quality, safe, sustainable, and durable design solutions on time at the agreed cost taking the entire value chain and life cycle into account. You will as direct line manager for the team members develop employees through coaching and target setting. You must ensure a solid collaboration inside and outside of Vestas Power Solutions, with proactive contact to relevant stakeholders to always look for the best solutions.
You should have a good overview of all tasks going on in the Sub Module and be prepared to communicate time schedules, and resource constraints, and to negotiate priorities.
- Ensuring timely execution of Sub Module deliverables such as high-quality solutions and documentation
- Coordinating resource planning and delegation of work and budget controlling
- In collaboration with project managers; facilitating planning sessions and following up on progress
- Proactive talent management and development
- High people performance and development dialogue (incl. one-to-one, target setting, development plans)
- Coaching employees in the execution of daily tasks
- Full life cycle involvement of all stakeholders for the Sub Module
- Converter mechanical integration, cooling, CAD component integration, electrical connections to generator and high-voltage transformer, component supplier selection, development, verification, and qualification
- Delivering needed solutions and documentation for the full value chain Responsible for technical quality of the Sub Module for all product variants
- Proven management performance in a large cross-cultural organization
- A bachelor/master's degree in a relevant technical area i.e. Electrical Engineering & Automation
- Preferably supplemented your degree with commercial/business education
- Experience from working as a Design Engineer, particularly with frequency converter equipment is an added value
- Experience in management of Electrical Engineering teams Cross-cultural understanding and preferably experience with international companies
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality:
- Enthusiastic, positive, and extrovert with a profound drive and "can-do" attitude
- Proactive, result oriented, and has a good sense of responsibility
- Solid leadership and communication skills and capable of acting as a motivator
- Adept at leading across borders, with teams in different time zones and cultural surroundings
- Good organizational skills and can collaborate and communicate on all levels in the organization
- Great English skills (speaking and writing) Solid networker and can easily build relationships
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, hard-working, and international work environment in the renewable energy sector.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.