Power Solutions & Vestas Quality > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Pitch Actuation
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Data Analyst to join our team and support the design and development of hydraulic systems for the pitch system in our wind turbines. The qualified candidate will work closely with the whole R&D team to design, develop, test and debug hydraulic pitch systems from a data driven approach.
In this role, you will supporting data analysis projects related to turbine data. Collaboration with diverse teams and stakeholders will be key to ensuring the growth of these initiatives. Your responsibilities will include formulating and addressing critical questions related to the pitch system, requiring a comprehensive understanding of underlying challenges.
It will be of added value that the selected candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Proficient in SQL for data querying and manipulation
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Spotfire, or Tableau
- Experience in Python for data analysis and manipulation
- Knowledge of cloud providers, with a preference for experience in Azure
- Proven ability to analyze complex datasets and derive actionable insights
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving
- Experience with Azure cloud services or other cloud providers
As preferred Knowledge:
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git
- Knowledge of hydraulics in the context of turbine systems
- Experience with Azure Cloud, Databricks, or Dataiku
- Familiarity with basic machine learning concepts and the ability to apply them in a practical context
- Demonstrated ability to support and coordinate data analysis projects, coordinating efforts among diverse teams.
- High verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- Flexibility in adapting to evolving project requirements and a global work environment.
- Problem-solving and Attention to Detail:
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen problem-solving mindset, particularly in identifying and resolving issues within turbine data.
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams, providing an environment conducive to effective teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Commitment to staying updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in data science.
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value quality, initiative, responsibility, and creativity in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment. Join us and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.