Assistant Project Manager
17 days ago
Do you want to make a change for the better in the world?
Power Solutions > Product Solutions & Integration > LaC Project Leadership
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Load & Control (LaC) department is one of the key areas in shaping the products of the future. In close corporation with our internal product owner, we balance the trade-offs between power production and loading, for new products, and by this introduce the best turbines to the market. Doing this LaC has a Distinct and holistic role in VPS in integrating the different modules into an optimal product.
Within the global and highly skilled Loads and control area with 140+ colleagues, you will join a solid and diverse Project leadership department consisting of 8 colleagues who are responsible for directing projects in the area.
- Develop and maintain a project plan to monitor and track progress, to deliver the project purpose and business case
- Handle changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs, with a great willingness to adapt to changes and find the optimal way forward
- Setup an effective organization of your projects (or support an existing organization formed by the Project Manager) including a solid governance
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Align on risk management with PM and TL and stakeholders to minimize risks on the project level
- Stakeholder management to a large range of stakeholders
- Contribute to continuous improvement of project execution model within the department
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Engineering degree or another relevant educational background
- 3+ years of experience in the field of the relevant qualification
- 2+ years of assistant project management experience/scrum master / RTE (SAFe) using stage gate or agile execution principles
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Experience working with integrated projects in a matrix organization with multi-disciplinary teams
- Profound written and verbal communication skills
- Solid business understanding
- Be well organized and disciplined in directing the projects from start to end
- Be pragmatic and opportunistic in maximizing project value
- Be a solid communicator both upwards and downwards in the organization
- Be a creative and outgoing team-oriented person
- Be experienced in working with global multicultural teams
- Be proficient in English
- Have experience working with Jira, MSP
- Ideally have achieved recognized Project Management accreditation (Prince2, PMI or IPMA is an added value)
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a great team in an exciting business with solid products, supporting Vestas' overall mission. The working environment in Load & Control is informal but with clear direction.
You will be part of an effective matrix organization split between line management, technical leadership, and project execution.
Come join us and you will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - both professionally and at a personal level.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.