Traveling Wind Turbine Resource Supervisor - US Nationwide
Portland, OR, United States
15 days ago
The resource department is part of the greater operations department supporting service sites and construction projects with technicians and field support personnel. The department is responsible to provide Vestas trained and qualified technicians as well as contractor personnel as requested by operations service and construction.
- Supervise aspects of WTG installation, maintenance, and repair for specific projects across Vestas sites. Organize functional teams, ensure proper materials and consumables are ordered, assign proper resources to cost effectively complete job to engineering specifications.
- Develops material and consumable forecast. Work closely with SPR, Technology, and Power Plant Operations to consolidate and recommend inventory levels. Plan jobs appropriately and pro-actively order materials and consumables to support specific projects.
- Technical WTG expert regularly works up tower to complete highly technical and critical tasks within Service, Construction, and Repair Services.
- Mentors and Certifies technicians, works closely with different level technicians to increase technical skill sets and TBC levels. Makes recommendations to management and assists with technician technical development plans.
- Works in the field sharing best practices, promotes crew productivity and provides advice to site management on changes / recommendations on crews and work management.
- Direct installation, repair, upgrade, and retrofit jobs at Vestas and customer wind farms. Act as single point of contact for job, ensure proper parts, tools, and labor are available and onsite to complete expected scope. Develop job specific schedules, given resource availability and job / customer expectations. Track job completion and provide regular updates to customer and Vestas PM / SM.
- Complete tasks to highest quality using Vestas standards and prudent wind industry practices.
- Potential to supervise up to 10 direct reports with responsibility for all training and development needs
- Daily site reporting to Resource Manager
- Coordinate with on-site management representatives, subcontractors, and customers
- Present the Site Orientation to all Vestas on-site personnel, subcontractors and visitors
- Review and approve time sheets, expense reports, leave requests, overtime requests and travel requests
- Ability to travel 100% of the time, including working a variable work schedule as needed to meet business milestones
- Act as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, skilled initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis. Also, may perform basic quality audits of less proficient staff
- Perform proficient level maintenance and repair
- Effectively promotes effective team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and collaboration, and supports change initiatives and looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interfaces with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to manager. Demonstrate solid customer focus at all times.
- 3 years of experience in the wind industry
- Proven ability to build and direct a hard-working technical team / operation.
- Proven ability to uphold high standards demonstrate accountability and take ownership as a highly motivated leader.
- Professional leadership skills. Proven ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing a technical support team that achieves high level results. Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results.
- Proven ability to facilitate multiple groups to work together to address complex problems.
- Proven success in the staffing and retention of technical personnel with the required aptitude and attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with effective behavioral based safety programs, practices and procedures.
- Functions effectively in a time-sensitive situation in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking.
- Business financial knowledge is desirable.
- Proven ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation. Effective negotiation and customer service skills.
- Professional English communications skills (verbal, focused listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
- Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business goals.
- Efficient PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights upwards of 132 meters and supervise work in confined space environments.
- Ability to hold Vestas internal certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and applicants with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.