Site Management Trainee
Portland, OR, United States
19 days ago
Apply today to Vestas Site Management Trainee!
Our Site Management Trainee Program (SMT) is an important part of our strategy to seek out the future people leaders. It is the ideal opportunity to embark on an exciting career, while contributing to a more sustainable future. The SMT program is an 18-month program, where you will have the opportunity to build your skills as a manager and people leader. This role has a solid business focus and provides on-the-job training and opportunities for professional development.
The application window for 2023 will open on 02/27/2023 to 4/24/2023.
During the program, the Trainee will be assigned to one geographic area where they will act as a mobile site manager under the supervision of a Senior Operations Manager (SOM). The Trainee will be deployed to different sites as directed by the SOM to provide management support on an interim basis while learning the role of Site Manager. These assignments are meant to build the essential competencies required in site management positions, of which the Trainee is being developed.
Are you curious to find out more? Click here
We are looking for:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, either in business, entrepreneurship, leadership, management, or similar
- Demonstrated leadership experience, ideally two years. This can include leadership positions in an academic setting, volunteer, or work experience. Prior experience as a manager is not required.
- Comfortable with significant business travel to rural locations in North America
- Enthusiasm about the opportunity to live in different locations within the United States and Canada
- Value-focused; demonstrated accountability, collaboration, simplicity, and passion
- Courage; ready to set up to tough assignments
- Trustworthy; demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Self-Aware; knows own skills and limits, and seeks out feedback
- Self-Developer; seeks out ways to grow and improve
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to find a way forward when things are not clear
- Learning mindset; actively experiments to find solutions and learns from failure
- Resilient; handles stress effectively and bounces back from setbacks
- Responsive; quick to read the environment and shift behavior as needed
- Networker; builds a variety of relationships
- Action Oriented; acts with urgency and a can-do attitude
What We Offer:
We offer an exciting position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies
- Great 401(k) plan
- Tuition assistance
- Generous Training Program
- Global bonus program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are met by an employee, to effectively perform the essential functions of the Construction and Service tracks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable team members with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Hearing ability to use telephones, close range radios or related device
- Visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb stairs & ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters and supervise work in confined space environments (desired).
- Ability to train and gain certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.