We are seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel that is enthusiastic about making an impact on our global efforts to shape the world's energy future, and contribute to our shared goal of accelerating the global transition to renewable energy. As Senior Corporate Counsel, you will provide legal support for the Americas division of Vestas' Global Development team, headquartered in Portland, Oregon.
This position is in Portland, Oregon or Remote.
- Opportunity to work closely with an entrepreneurial and fast- growing project development team in the Americas, to support all stages of a renewable energy project development lifecycle - including due diligence, land campaigns, procurement, interconnection, offtake, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales, construction and disputes.
- Ability to work on a varied and broad range of transaction documents in compliance with company guidelines and preferences, in each case while being encouraged to participate in and have an impact on strategic initiatives to further business goals.
- Broad exposure handling external counsel across a wide range of practice areas, including M&A, tax, permitting, environmental, interconnection and other regulatory areas.
- Empowered and equipped with resources to strive for constant improvement and advancement of best practice through development and implementation of systems, processes, guidelines and forms to create efficiencies and lay groundwork for future growth of the business.
- Ability to provide legal assistance directly dealing and engaging with public authorities as well as local clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Licensed J.D. admitted to bar with at least ten years of experience practicing law in the renewable energy industry and M&A activities (in-house experience is a plus).
- Flexibility with travel based on company needs and goals.
- Accountability: solid sense of ownership, leadership and accountability, reinforced by ability to work freely with minimal supervision to assist business goals and mitigate risk.
- Simplicity: ability to balance attention to detail and thorough analysis with the ability to communicate directly, succinctly and articulately to render solution-oriented legal advice with maximum impact.
- Collaboration: comprehensive interpersonal and teamwork skills, with firm desire to work collaboratively and creatively with the development team to build relationships and solidify your position as trusted legal advisor.
- Enthusiastic and avid learner, excited to be part of a high growth business in the renewable energy industry, fueling your capacity to excel in an innovative and exciting work environment.
What we Offer:
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment. You will become part of a highly professional environment where we value initiative and responsibility. You will use your skills to contribute to Vestas solving one of the most important global situations of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; flex time off (FTO) policy; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and people with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.