- Supports, guides, and directs project related activities through Site Managers; provides leadership in solving project related issues (warranty, customer, etc.)
- Maintain master schedule of all projects, plan/coordinate necessary resources, and continually communicate with the customer to complete projects on time and to standard.
- Proactively anticipates potential issues, challenges assumptions, and identifies opportunities to circumvent delays.
- Collaborate with Resource Group to develop a team of technicians in a multiple-project environment across North America
- Embrace corporate safety standards and ensure team members are trained and comply with organization standards.
- Support organizational continuous quality improvement processes to reduce defects.
- Ensure all employees are trained per business need of role; identify additional training and growth opportunities where applicable.
- Direct interaction with internal and external stakeholders to answer questions, resolve customer relations issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business or combination of academic and relevant work experience in the wind industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Project Lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting.
- English communication skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation)
- Will be required to safely climb a wind turbine
- Ability to travel 25-35%
- PC computer skills (MS Office) required
- Ability to work effectively with work groups across the organization
- Effective leadership skills; demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and supporting project execution through indirect influence
- Converts strategy into action-oriented objectives and communicates the direction with passion
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking. Applies expertise to get results leveraging group interaction and areas of specialty
- Safety - Ensures project are executed and implemented following safety practices and protocol and aligned with organizational standards. Ensures compliance and optimal safety results with a team who demonstrate safe behaviors by everyone, every time, everywhere.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Communication - Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Inclusiveness - Achieves a culture of Execution Standards (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement within the organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas. Makes recommendations and models improving area work processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are met by an employee, to effectively perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable team members with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Hearing ability to use telephones, close range radios or related device
- Visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb stairs & vertical ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters and at times supervise work in confined space environments.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to, but not more than 50 lbs. in weight.
- Ability to observe training and obtain certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent practical exercises.
- Due to safety parameters of fall protection equipment, the total weight of required PPE and gear shall weigh 300 lbs or less while being worn. Required PPE and gear can weigh up to 40 lbs.
What we offer
We offer an exciting position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off policies
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition assistance
- Highly developed Training Program
- Global bonus program
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.