Market Intelligence & Strategy Analyst
Portland, OR, United States
21 days ago
Market Intelligence & Strategy
We combine an enthusiasm for energy along with an understanding of markets, policy and economics in order to provide analysis, tools & project management to all functions of the North American business unit including Turbine & Service Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Management and Government Relations. We are a cross-functional, collaborative team with a healthy variety in our day-to-day work.
- Serve as a go-to individual for market knowledge and analysis needs in the North American region and Global Intelligence unit
- Support business development efforts through pitch deck creation, research, data analysis and customer engagements
- Potential functions include product management & forecasting, turbine & service value engineering, competitive analysis, financial modeling, power marketing, business development or policy analysis
- Quantify impact of external market factors such as economic incentives, supply chain price volatility, environmental restrictions, and federal/state/local governmental rules as they may impact company and project financials
- Travel may be required, 5-10%
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters-level education; education in energy preferred
- Energy industry experience preferred and a basic understanding of energy markets and policy
- Hands-on experience with financial modeling and quantitative policy analysis
- Exposure to and proficiency with applicable software applications including Microsoft Office, ArcGIS and Alteryx
- Experience with a coding language such as Python or R favorable
- Essential behaviors – accountability, simplicity, collaboration, passion, continuous improvement and compliance
- Advanced communication skills, oral and written, and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Enhanced organizational skills
- Independent learning & critical thinking skills – ability to identify and deliver actionable solutions to complex problems
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; flexible time off; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
This position is located in Portland, OR
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.