An action-oriented team, Performance Engineering works to develop, implement, and implement innovative recovery strategies for struggling sites or underperforming turbines.
- This role requires approximately 30% travel, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business goals and needs.
- Apply troubleshooting and turbine diagnostics expertise remotely via audio / visual programs and uptower in person for the purpose of performing repairs, process development and training
- Ability to communicate professionally in both written and verbal forms at all levels of the organization in English
- Has the ability to understand, interpret and articulate complex issues and how changes may impact the turbine performance, behavior and capability.
- Works as a bridge between Performance Engineering and the field supporting at many levels including troubleshooting efforts/projects, root cause analysis, solution development and execution, and responding to complex customer and vendor inquiries.
- Makes recommendations and obtains approval for, and implements changes to existing documentation, work instructions, technical customer communications and testing methods.
- Provides detailed and data driven input based on observations, experience and feedback that influence the upgrade product roadmaps. Makes recommendations regarding changes of all facets of turbine systems, design and documentation.
- Performs analysis toward root-cause determination, technical resolution and implementation. Makes recommendations and customer presentations regarding the same.
- Serves as a contact for VAME Operations Engineering with Group R&D on turbine performance, issue resolution and technology. Interprets and disseminates turbine technical information for VAME. Makes significant input to plans, proposals and technical documents. Provides recommendations to Vestas R&D.
- Sits on the TBC Level 400 Certification board for the platform of expertise.
- Occasionally interacts with customers on technical issues and discussions, reviews and performance improvement projects.
- Completes customer and third-party inquiries whether in RFP, direct interaction, electronic, or other formats. Serves as Turbine Platform SME in such matters in a way that ensures understanding of turbine capabilities.
- Acts as a role model and mentor for peers and field technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Must possess a valid driver's license and passport
- Understanding of data collection and diagnostic systems
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision.
- Experience in systematic problem-solving methodology (8D, DMAIC, etc)
- Flexibility working in a growing and changing organization
- Computer skills, specifically MS office products
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated.
What you will receive
We offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry, including:
✓ Benefits coverage within your first month
✓ Training Program
✓ Time Off policies
✓ 401(k) plan
✓ Global bonus
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.