Project Portfolio Management
Job Title: Coordinator, Project Field Support, Level
Location(s); Portland, OR/Remote
The Field Support Coordinator is a critical member of the on-site team supporting the construction phase of building and connecting the wind power plant to the grid. More specifically, they have responsibility for facilitating site setup, transport, installation, mechanical completion, commissioning, and site close-out of at least one projects. The FSC follows defined processes and procedures for safety, inventory management and documentation, with a clear focus on ensuring system and process compliance.
- Support Vestas safety policies: maintain safety policies and environmental containment. Ensure a clean and safe work environment. Identify and mitigate hazards. Participate in daily safety meetings at project site. Complete monthly safety training assignments on schedule
- Provide business and administrative support to project leadership for assigned projects and sites. Collect construction and site documentation, including the assembly of job books for each turbine on site. Process project documentation, including but not limited to transport, installation, commissioning, QA/QC forms, and contractor timesheets. Verify documentation for accuracy. Organize, sort, and file documents according to defined processes and procedures. Ensure physical and electronic document control• Manage end-to-end construction inventory and tooling movement transactions, including receiving site containers, conducting cycle counts, handling reconciliation of discrepancies, and coordinating container returns. Maintain physical and electronic inventory control; ship and receive parts/materials/tools; identify and record serial numbers; create and monitor purchase orders/purchase requests; consume/return parts. Register non-conformity reports (NCRs) in SAP for the project, upload related documentation, and ensure inventory is consumed and labor hours are recorded to NCRs appropriately.
- Take direction from and communicate daily with Construction Manager (CM) and Lead Technicians. Assist CM to fulfill customer requests and resolve customer issues in timely and cost-effective manner. Establish appropriate on-site communications with customer personnel. Collaborate with technicians in execution of inventory control. Responsible for site compliance to approved processes; provide SAP fundamental instruction and assist with system problem solving and error processing. Ensure availability of tools and spares on site. Direct LEAN processes at the project site to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Complete transactions in a timely and accurate manner, entering daily updates to the Site Progress Log and uploading As Built documentation to shared drive to ensure accurate financials and scheduling. Enter work hours daily. Perform administrative tasks related to site setup, including establishing new vendors and ordering fixtures, containers, and supplies for a new or existing site office. Assist CM to monitor work hours, budget, and expenditures.
- Utilize defined work instructions where available to complete job functions and solve problems, seeking consultation from higher level staff to resolve problems outside position requirements and responsibilities.
- Support other sites to solve issues impacting the greater organization. Promote the values of Simplicity, Accountability, and Collaboration. Take direction from and communicate on regular basis with Portland based manager. Respond to queries in timely manner. Proactively look for opportunities to improve job processes and procedures and communicate ideas through appropriate channels.
- High school diploma or GED required; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working as Vesta’s wind site business support; significant experience in project management and training others is required• Experienced in working with SAP enterprise resource program software in role such as a dispatch / planner, stock keeper, technician, front desk function, and advanced forecasting and planning.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in planning, logistics, scheduling, and inventory control.
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills; enthusiastic and effective listener; ability to effectively influence others to adhere to standard processes and procedures.
- Advanced PC computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel) and SAP
- Ability to work in both a team-based environment and alone; candidate should be capable of working remotely without need for supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them through root cause analysis, significant analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Solid time management and demonstrated organizational skills to ensure both individual and assigned department goals are met. LEAN experience.
- Approximately 90% travel required, valid driver's license required. Passport for international travel.
While performing the tasks of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk, as well as travel to other locations (construction project site), some that may be remote. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to lift 25 lbs. and push/pull up to 50 lbs.(force). Tolerance of unique working environment and conditions including but not limited to wide temperature variance.
- High attention to details.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to take lessons learned and help advance process changes.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.