Project Portfolio Management
At Vestas we are powered by the dream of changing the world. And to create a sustainable future, we are building a team of passioned visionaries. Would you like to join us?
Vestas is the world's largest wind turbine manufacturing company with significant operations in the United States
Construction Project Manager
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close all activities associated with project execution
- Oversees HSE effort and serve as ambassador for an injury and incident free safety culture at the project site
- Identify all scope elements and is accountable for their timely delivery; identify opportunities for accelerating critical milestones
- Responsible for project execution within budget; identify and exploit opportunities for cost savings
- Serve as first point of contact to customer and is responsible for a relationship based on trust and co-operation, thus increasing customer loyalty
- Fully lead multi-disciplinary project team
- Represent Vestas values and champion high standards in performance and integrity
- Coach, mentor and develop project team members
- Support contractors and vendors
- Negotiates with customers
- Negotiates internal priorities with different support function departments
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years wind industry or utility experience
- PMP required
- Experience as estimator in EDP or BOP scope preferred
- Good PC computer skills (MS Office) mandatory, MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred
- Great familiarity with power generation language and key terminology
- Proven performance in developing motivated teams and achieving results through others by coaching, mentoring and target setting
- Demonstrated ability to set and maintain large budgets and resources
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial impacts of decisions with respect to project budgets
- Ability to build positive customer relationships and effectively negotiate with customers to resolve disputes and promote win-win solutions
- Experience in working effectively with work groups across a global organization
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making skills with balanced risk taking
- Function effectively in a time-sensitive setting in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking
- Advanced English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation)
What We Offer:
We offer an exciting Management position with great development opportunities in an inspiring environment at the world's number one wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and accuracy. You will become part of an international environment with a commitment to sustainability and safety and you will work among colleagues that take care of each other.
- Attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off policies
- Great 401(k) plan (with employer match)
- Tuition assistance
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.