This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and grow a career in a safety-focused, team oriented environment for a global renewable energy company.
We are open to training and teaching valuable skills to a person with the right attitude.
The role reports to the site manager and is responsible for the upkeep and efficient running of the warehouse and O&M Building across sites assigned in accordance with the contract. Support is provided by the team on site and a planner with KPIs given by the Site Manager.
You will be working in an autonomous environment where the entire team’s efforts provide an efficient workflow with your colleagues throughout the state. As a part of the Vestas team you will work collaboratively within our warehouse as well as communicating with the external teams to ensure they have everything they need to complete site works safely and on time.
- Organise stock and equipment, including daily service work packs
- Purchase requisition creation and management
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Generate and produce reports
- OH&S compliance
- Order consumables and tools for service activities
- Trouble-shoot problems and recommend improvements
- Maintain site warehouse and ensure all areas and safe and well organised
- Participate in stocktaking programs
- Warehousing/Logistics understanding
- Administrative and computer skills
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to learn to drive a forklift
- Ability to gain high risk licenses
- Forklift license preferred but not essential
- Dangerous Goods training can be provided
- Intermediate MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP experience would be preferable but not essential
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Efficient time management skills
- Effective commitment to safety and a safe working environment
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in complex and pressure-filled situations
- Ability to priorities and multi-task
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexible for working conditions that may change unexpectedly
- Flexibility to enable intra-state travel
What we offer
- Vestas offers attractive salaries and paid leave
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver innovative, accurate, high-quality products
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.