Infrastructure Operations Specialist
7 days ago
As an Infrastructure Operations Engineer, you have the vast opportunity to create a real impact working in our newly launched organization Hybrid Operation. With Hybrid Operation, Vestas launches an exciting journey to the hybrid platform capability, to provide and operate a best-practice hybrid cloud platform. We seek a highly motivated Infrastructure Operations Engineer who desires to actively contribute to this journey toward a best in class infrastructure operation services.
You will be part of the Infrastructure and Platform Management which belongs to the Infrastructure Delivery & Support area within Global IT. We are the heart of IT infrastructure and make sure our technology platforms are up and running. We are aiming to effectively organize our platform to reach quality work and high service levels for our business.
User Productivity & Digital Foundation > Infrastructure Delivery & Support > Infrastructure and Platform Management
You will be performing and taking part in organizing servers, and operational IT support at various levels to create and sustain optimal platforms for business development and innovation through a customer-centric mindset, focusing on the best addition in relation to value, risk, and cost related to the business needs.
In your position as Infrastructure Operations Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to:
- Operational support of IT solutions and services
- Keep servers up and running and supervise their capacity
- Define, examine, plan, forecast, measure, maintain, and improve all aspects of the availability of services
- Coordinate the response to the incident, ensuring relevant prioritization and detail to allow effective investigation
- Ownership of problems and effectively resolving technical problems
- Organize PaaS solutions, such as Azure and other various web platforms in the Data Centre
- Deploy and configure web platforms in on-prem and cloud setups
- Configure load balancing in a hybrid set-up
- Experience with remote Server operation in an on-premises datacenter
- Azure Administration skills (PaaS and IaaS)
- Expertise in general Operating System operation, Windows, Redhat, etc. for physical and virtual workloads, both on-premises and in a Cloud scenario
- Knowledge in Storage and Backup solutions for both, on-premises data centers as well as Azure Cloud solutions, e.g. Azure Backup, Commvault
- Experiences in working with Service-now and Azure DevOps
- Knowing Core Web Platform Services like Azure WebApps, IIS and NGINX
- Azure load balancing
- Experience with transitioning/transforming on-premise workloads to the cloud
- Experience from working with IT in large/global enterprises
- Experience with automated deployments, templates, scripting, creating Infrastructure-as-Code, and deployment pipelines is beneficial
- Current certifications in at least one cloud provider discipline are beneficial
- Degree in relevant education
- Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft certifications are beneficial
Working in Infrastructure & Platform Management naturally requires a solid technical understanding of IT infrastructures such as on-premise data center technologies as well as integrated hybrid solutions and platform services.
- Incident Management, Problem and Change Management (ITIL)
- Cross-skilled (functional, technical, development, operations, security) or motivated to learn development skills
- Documentation and administration skills
- Experience with monitoring and automation of event management
- Experience in agile delivery methods (SAFe, KANBAN, DevOps, etc.)
- Confident in taking decisions and engaging with other teams to handle dependencies
- Able to document and operate complicated solutions in a structured and simple manner
- An open-minded and curious person with good communication skills and a problem-solving approach to completing tasks
- Aspiration to learn and ability to work with no supervision, efficiently and with persistence
- Good cooperative skills suitable for a global organization with personal, professional, and cultural diversity
- Ability to take ownership and effectively engage in continuous improvements within a broader perspective
- A team-oriented person who shows a professional approach to the tasks at hand and wants to contribute to the common benefit of the team
What we offer
We offer you an exciting role with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, progressive, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We offer attractive company perks like fitness subsidy, health insurance, pension, life insurance, medical allowance, travel allowance, internet allowance, etc. We have a modern, inspiring office overlooking Manila Bay, conveniently located near public transport. We believe in work-life balance and plan annual offsite outings, team building, and sports events. In Vestas, you will experience an innovative environment where no days are ever the same, strengthening your personal as well as professional growth.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 31st of March 2023.
- Fitness Subsidy
- Retirement Benefit Plan
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.