Infrastructure Operations Analyst
12 days ago
As an Infrastructure Operator Analyst, you have the vast opportunity to create a real impact working in our newly launched organization Hybrid Operation. With Hybrid Operation, Vestas launches an exciting journey to the hybrid platform capability, to provide and operate a best-practice hybrid cloud platform. We seek a highly motivated Infrastructure Operator who desires to actively contribute to this journey towards a best in class infrastructure operation services.
You will be part of the Hybrid Platform Management which belongs to the Infrastructure Delivery & Support area within Global IT. We are the heart of IT infrastructure and make sure our technology platforms are up and running. We are aiming to effectively organize our platform to reach quality work and high service levels for our business.
User Productivity & Digital Foundation > Infrastructure Delivery & Support > Infrastructure and Platform Management
You will be performing and taking part in organizing servers, and operational IT support at various levels to create and sustain optimal platforms for business development and innovation through a customer-centric mindset and focusing on the best addition in relation to value, risk, and cost-relation to the business needs.
In your position as Infrastructure Operator, your primary responsibility will be to:
- Monitoring infrastructure components on-premise and in the cloud
- Operational support of IT solutions and services
- Performing daily system activities
- Jointly with a team provide 24/7 operational services
- 2nd level support for issues related to infrastructure including IaaS and PaaS components
- Performs system checks and basic maintenance plans
- Troubleshoots system operating problems and determine the cause of system interruptions
- Assist in the coordination and resolution of problems
- Document procedures
- Keep servers up and running and supervise their capacity
- Windows OR Linux Operative System competence
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in working with IaaS in Microsoft Azure and selected PaaS such as Managed SQL, web apps, etc
- Experience with remote Server operation in an on-premises datacenter
- Expertise in general Operating System operation, Windows, Redhat, Suse, etc. for physical and virtual workloads, both on-premises and in a Cloud scenario
- Knowledge of SQL, and IIS administration
- Knowledge of basic network troubleshooting
- Degree in relevant education or equivalent knowledge by working experience
- Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft certifications are beneficial
- Current certifications in at least one cloud provider discipline are beneficial
Working in Infrastructure & Platform Management naturally requires a solid technical understanding of IT infrastructures such as on-premise data center technologies as well as integrated hybrid solutions and platform services.
- Documentation and administration skills
- Experience in monitoring and basic troubleshooting
- Knowledge in Incident Management and Problem Management
- Automation mindset
- Confident in engaging with other teams in joint troubleshooting
- A team-oriented person with good communication skills
- Experience from working in DevOps organizations
- Eager to learn and develop new skills
- Good cooperative skills suitable for a global organization with personal, professional, and cultural diversity
- Ability to take ownership and effectively engage in continuous improvements within a broader perspective
What we offer
We offer you an exciting role with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, progressive, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We offer attractive company perks like fitness subsidy, health insurance, pension, life insurance, medical allowance, travel allowance, internet allowance, etc. We have a modern, inspiring office overlooking Manila Bay, conveniently located near public transport. We believe in work-life balance and plan annual offsite outings, team building, and sports events. In Vestas, you will experience an innovative environment where no days are ever the same, strengthening your personal as well as professional growth.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 31st of March 2023.
- Fitness Subsidy
- Retirement Benefit Plan
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.