Head of IT/OT Monitoring
11 days ago
You will join our Vestas IT/OT Competency Center in Manila. We are accountable for providing IT/OT competencies, services, and support for our Vestas Digital Solutions organization.
This position will direct our IT/OT Integrations capability to bring our solutions to the next level, collaborating with key stakeholders in Global IT and beyond to secure alignment and one Vestas scalable governance which ensures quality in the delivery, safeguarding the existing solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in a complex environment in an instrumental role to achieve goals in the journey that Vestas Digital Solutions is on.
Group Finance > SSC > IT Operations
- Direct the design and orchestration of our IT/OT Monitoring capability to secure seamless interfaces across teams and sites leveraging our matrix organization, providing scalable solutions across the value chain with an optimum global footprint, and securing smooth and transparent consumptions of the monitoring and observability services delivered
- Engage, coordinate, and respond to our customer’s demands (business portfolio owners, IT business partners, Program and Project managers, Product leads, enterprise architects, etc) at higher quality with faster time to market and at lower costs, catering to the new ways of working (Digital, Agile, DevOps...)
- Build a cohesive team and supervise it effectively, including the skill to coach and develop the team, balancing supply and demand to determine the right capacity
- Alignment of the strategic vision for our Monitoring and Observability services globally, and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team
- Deliver communications to promote the IT/OT Monitoring and Observability services
- Contribute to IT or business audits (both internal and external) when needed
- Organize our related supplier’s and partner’s ecosystem, establishing the best set-up to scale up when/if needed maximizing collaboration and engagement across. Create and negotiate statements of work when demanded. Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the market with regard to modern surveillance solutions
- Complete understanding of the organization's business
In addition, the role is expected to provide the following technical/functional output:
- Be a key contributor at the time of defining the IT/OT solutions group Monitoring and Observability strategy & roadmap, developing the team that delivers, enhances, and operates our monitoring and alerting solutions across components (servers, platforms, applications, network, endpoints)
- KPI´s definition and success metrics. Analysis of trends and development of dashboards, reports, and alarms
- Secure compliance with the monitoring requirements by ensuring that systems, interfaces, and business processes are properly documented and updated
- Collaborate with other teams/services when needed (i.e: assisting in the resolution of major incidents by effectively supporting RCA´s
To achieve your goals with the above responsibilities, we envision that you hold a relevant degree (IT, Technology, Engineering, Science, or similar) combined with the following:
- 6+ years of experience in Event Management and Monitoring areas in a similar position(s), delivering performance insights to complex global programs/projects/products with global diverse teams of varying levels of experience
- Experience to direct, coordinate and supervise all the required aspects of the performance monitoring scope (DevOps cycle, Plan-Build-Run...), steering, providing support, and being the voice of diplomatic during pressurized situations
- Basic understanding of surveillance applications development and implementation
- Extensive knowledge of various monitoring technologies on different IT components (hybrid, cloud, and on-prem infrastructures, network, platforms, applications, endpoints) like ServiceNow ITOM, Dynatrace AiOps, Splunk, Grafana, Lakeside, Nexthink AiOps, MS Azure components (services, monitor, analytics...), vRealize, Cisco DNA, etc.
- ITIL Service Management knowledge and certification and practical experience with ITSM tools
- Cross-cultural understanding (DK, IN, PH...)
- Professional customer orientation
You are used to encouraging, innovative, and motivated with and identify yourself as having the following:
- Ability to direct with intent, translating Digital Solutions intent into IT/OT Monitoring and Observability capability direction
- High methodical and conceptual skills as well as structured working methods
- Ability to blend into multicultural teams remotely, collaborating and communicating effectively with IT and OT stakeholders across Vestas
- Ability to think critically about systems and to consistently adjust as needed based on business priorities and the company's overall best interests and direction
- A high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm is needed to adapt to a progressive environment in a matrix organization
- Ability to continuously encourage and ask questions to improve the processes and surroundings
What we offer
The impact that matters - your results change one of the world's biggest industries for the better and preserve our planet for future generations. Every day, you are part of making Vestas the leader within the sustainable energy solutions market when you make a difference by ensuring an innovative delivery.
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment. You will be part of an international team, with a "can-do" attitude.
You will be using quality monitoring and observability tools to new technologies like MS Azure, IOS devices, Salesforce, Apriso, SAP, Ariba, PTC Windchill, SuccessFactors, Microsoft, Enablon, ServiceNow, QDA, and many others.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 31st of March 2023.
- Fitness Subsidy
- Retirement Benefit Plan
- Hybrid Work Set-up
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.