SSC > Finance SSC > Costing and Inventory and VPS Finance Controlling
The Costing & Inventory Team Lead is accountable for the timely, complete, and accurate setting up of costing and pricing information in SAP. The incumbent will drive a culture of accountability and end-to-end controller mindset to ensure first-time-right task execution. The incumbent will also own metrics implementation and performance management. The incumbent will also oversee the ongoing involvement of the team in the delivery of group/org-related initiatives that impact the entities in scope. The incumbent will also lead the team and support them in meeting operational and personal development aspirations.
- To supervise and handle a team of Finance analysts (Seniors, Juniors) in a matrixed organization to implement the costing and inventory activities in accordance with the Vestas Financial guidelines
- The Team Lead is responsible for reporting and analyzing team performance and addressing operational issues to ensure that all metrics and processes are achieved
- The role is also responsible for handling various personnel functions including but not limited to team resourcing, training, performance appraisals, and managing underperformance if there is any
- The Team Lead should also be able to identify process improvements or control gaps and resolutions. Participation in major change programs such as implementation and process standardization are also required
- The Team Lead covers the planning and organization of the team's work, to engage and enable team members to deliver work efficiently and effectively and to establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders
- Proactively engage and collaborate with relevant colleagues and business stakeholders, addressing operational issues and problems with speed and quality
- Formulate a functional strategic plan applicable to the operations in scope and align it towards the Overall SSC strategic plan
- Communicate team performance status and needs to the SSC Global Process Manager and provide monthly service level metrics details
- Supervise activities of the staff members. Provide ongoing support, guidance, and coaching as needed to ensure effective teamwork, identification, and resolution of issues and facilitation of stakeholder relationships
- Develop and implement team goals in accordance with overall organizational goals
- Ensure all processes, procedures, and controls are followed, and that a robust control framework is maintained. This includes adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that this document is updated
- Embed knowledge management (business/process) within the team and ensure that local process/business/stakeholder knowledge is adequately recorded/documented and retained
- Organize and coordinate the work efforts of the team to assure objectives are completed within deadlines and budget
- Identify possible improvement opportunities toward a more effective/efficient end-to-end process
- Conduct quality development and performance reviews for direct reports
- Ensure staff members are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments as appropriate
- Ensure that all Vestas’ policies and procedures are followed
- Exhibit strong leadership behavior that will support the growth and development of staff and the organization
- Establish and maintain an office environment welcoming of diversity and inclusiveness
- Bachelor's Degree in any Finance, Accountancy, Business or Management course
- 5 to 8 years post-qualification professional experience; at least 3-4 years supervisory or managerial experience
- High leadership skills with the ability to motivate and retain staff and to develop leadership within an organization
- Demonstrated Project and Change Management abilities; Lean six sigma training or certification
- Deliver results - take personal accountability to ensure timely and first-time-right delivery of commitments of self and team
- Champions customer focus - establish positive working relationships within the team and stakeholders
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience in SAP
- Very good proficiency in Microsoft applications especially in MS Suite. (ie. Macros)
- Good background in standard costing and baseline for procurement, manufacturing, and supply chain and has an overview of how accounting works in these respective departments. Should have a high willingness to learn Controlling in Vestas
- Good and confident communication skills as the role require discussing with business stakeholders
- Ability to navigate in the environment of management, project, and functional stakeholders with separate agendas and influence them toward a common goal
- Detailed understanding of the costing processes and management of its interfaces
- Exposure to data quality management and keen to accounting details, MEND (Month End Close) reconciliations and data analysis, MEND reporting, and issue management.
- Innovative and motivated both in Organization and Operations as Vestas SSC is just starting to build the center in Manila
- Efficient documentation and process mapping experience is a big factor in the consideration
- Experience in handling process transition and standardization
- Experience in project management
What we offer
We offer you an exciting role with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, progressive, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We offer attractive company perks like fitness subsidy, health insurance, pension, life insurance, medical allowance, travel allowance, internet allowance, etc. We have a modern, inspiring office overlooking Manila Bay, conveniently located near public transport. We believe in work-life balance and plan annual offsite outings, team building, and sports events. In Vestas, you will experience an innovative environment where no days are ever the same, strengthening your personal as well as professional growth.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 30th of November 2023.
- Fitness Subsidy
- Retirement Benefit Plan
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.