Database Operations Engineer
30+ days ago
Strategic goal supported:
- Quality - by using automation and closer engagement with our colleagues
- Scalability - by standardization and automating the processes, enabling us to accelerate our time to execution
- Higher end-user experience - by faster resolution time
The outcome will be:
- Increased reaction patterns/models and decreased risks exposure handling Incidents and events
- Faster onboarding of new tools and processes by better use of automation
- Assist DevOps/Application teams cover 24/7 3. Level Assistance
Digital Employee Experience & Infrastructure as a Service > Infrastructure and Platform Management > Hybrid Platform Management - Monitoring
- Automation of daily routines and tasks
- Creating databases and implementing infrastructure solutions based on business requirements
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data
- Install and configure the database system
- Oversee the entire software development lifecycle from source to production
- Industry experience with exposure to Agile software engineering
- Experience with Core Database Platform Services, primarily MSSQL
- Experience in developing Databases on Azure Managed Instances and Azure Databases
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or Oracle is beneficial
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft SQL Server (to ver. SQL Server 2019) Database administration and maintenance of production systems
- Experience building, using Microsoft SSIS & ETL and Visual Studio
- Advanced knowledge of technical and physical data models, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, processes, and maintenance procedures
- Cross-skilled (functional, technical, development, operations, security) or motivated to learn development skills
- Experience in agile delivery methods (SAFe, KANBAN, DevOps, etc.)
- Motivated by working in teams, frequently communicating and collaborating
- Confident in taking decisions and engaging with other teams to manage dependencies
- Able to document and operate complicated solutions in a structured and simple manner
What we offer
We offer you an exciting role with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, progressive, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We offer attractive company perks like fitness subsidy, health insurance, pension, life insurance, medical allowance, travel allowance, internet allowance, etc. We have a modern, inspiring office overlooking Manila Bay, conveniently located near public transport. We believe in work-life balance and plan annual offsite outings, team building, and sports events. In Vestas, you will experience an innovative environment where no days are ever the same, strengthening your personal as well as professional growth.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before the 31st of May 2023.
- Fitness Subsidy
- Retirement Benefit Plan
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.