Region MED > SBU MED Service > PM - Repowering & Plant Solutions
Service Commercial Department in MED Region and specifically Ageing Fleet sub-department (PM - Repowering & Plant Solutions) is within MED Service Department and specifically MED Service Commercial. We are looking dor a Business Development Manager for the Africa market, which is part of MED Region in Vestas.
Such department is mainly focused on business development, commercial and sales linked to 2 main business areas: Refurbished Turbines (green field projects, replacements, dismantling) and Special Upgrade Projects (Rotor Upgrade).
Such position may also be supporting other MED countries time to time based on workload.
- Network and business development in the main relevant African countries with respect to the sale of refurbished/preowned wind turbines, wind turbine upgrades, hybrid solutions, special projects (identifying customers among different business areas demanding energy, as well as relevant partners like local authorities, permitting companies, system integrators and developers)
- Commercial and Sales activities, from cost budgeting and bid phase up to negotiation and contracting
Expected qualifications are:
- Having a degree in Engineering, as an added value
- 6+ years of experience in BtoB in well organized companies in business development/commercial/sales roles possibly already for African projects
- Mid-High knowledge and vision for Africa from cultural and business point of view
- English and French Speaking: fluent or first language (other languages are an added value)
- Willing to travel across Africa if necessary
What we offer
Really extensive and diverse role in a geographic area with high potential.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume in English.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.