Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Electrical Operations
Purpose and reason for the existence of the job
Part of Operations Development, Electrical Operations NCE are an agile department that work closely with all operational stakeholders. Primarily responsible for maintaining WTSR standards and helping enforce Safe System of Work practices within the offshore NCE region to ensure personnel safety is kept as the highest priority.
- Support the implementation, enforcement and maintenance of the Vestas Safe System of Work (SSoW) and Electrical Safety standards for Service sites, upgrades/ retrofits and Special Projects where required ensuring a safe and controlled environment on Vestas Offshore wind farm sites throughout the NCE region.
- Follow, understand, advise and implement local procedures on Control of Hazardous Energy / Electrical Safety standards, particularly to areas where alternative safe systems / methods of work may or shall be applied. Liaise with Platform Management/ relevant stakeholders on technical, processes and legislative issues being flexible to ensure timescales are met.
- Support in new procedure implementation and that all personnel are properly trained/inducted in their use and application as defined by their roles and levels of responsibilities/authorisation .
- Be called upon to deliver initial and refresher operational training/ guidance to ensure personnel understand and maintain high standards in the implementation of WTSR. Work within various subgroups (RUK/ CoHE) raising important issues and acting accordingly.
- Support all documentation and record keeping associated with the Control of Hazardous Energy / Electrical Safety program. This includes the main responsibility for creating, reviewing and approving of Approved Written Procedures in line with Vestas WTSR Management instructions. This also includes the review and approval of Method Statements, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments and the management of work packs and associated documentation appointing and delegating tasks to relevant departments and communicating to areas of responsibility.
- Provide technical support to Site Management, Supervisors and technicians into mechanical / electrical related safety and operations issues developing new procedures for unforeseen tasks. Providing key information to engineering departments to assist resolve tasks.
- Qualified electrical education i.e. HNC Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, NVQ L4, C&G full technological certificate/diploma, or other relevant education in the field of electrical engineering
- Knowledge of EN 50110-1 Operation of Electrical Installations / EAWR and other European Standards applicable for the region of employment.
- Relevant previous Wind industry technical & operational experience working with VESTAS Wind Turbines
- Three years' practical experience with electrical safety
- Good knowledge of WTSR, HV Safety Rules, similar Safe Systems of Work, supporting procedures and documentation
- Experience of working as an Authorised Technician (WTSR )
- Authorisation Panel experience
- Confident Microsoft Office user, experienced PowerPoint user preferable
- Interpersonal skills and a development-oriented mind-set
- A structured, systematic approach to problem solving
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Good ability to work cross functionally
- Safety conscious
- Ability to assist and direct a team
- Ability to remain focused
- Technical approach
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to ask open questions.
- A person, who can influence and supervise others in a positive manner
- Able to take initiative
- Takes responsibility
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to prioritize and organize
- Concise, systematic, detail oriented and persistent
- Able to continually improve and develop.
- Lead by example
What we Offer
We offer the great opportunity of joining a committed team within an international environment, that plays an important role in guiding the energy transition. You can expect to join a team that supports you and is always open for new ideas within a discussion-based culture. You will have an important impact on achieving the short-, mid-, and long-term goals of our region
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.