Do you want to be part of the global leader of renewable energy? Are you experienced in mechanics or machinery? This is an exciting time to join a great team and a real opportunity to be a part of the energy transition!
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Special Task Field Train. & Fiber SE/FI
Vestas Northern and West Europe is a sales business unit covering unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe. We are responsible for the sales, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions. We aim to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, and we aim to make Vestas NCE the best place to work. The Service department is responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farms within North and West Europe.
The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our growth. You will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating industry and in a team of highly motivated employees. Right now, we are expanding with more turbines in the Nordic countries and need to meet this need with additional Special task technicians in the Special task department.
Special Task is responsible for the latest technology and the new initiatives in service to build and share the competence within Service. We have in addition to our regular tasks in the North and West region also the responsibility to support our Special Task colleagues elsewhere in the NCE region.
Adhering to Vestas HSE (Health Safety Environment) policies and processes always, you will have an important role together with the special task colleagues in delivering services and solutions that fulfils our customers' expectations.
Your primarily tasks will be:
- Work with replacement and reparations of main components, ensuring that Vesta’s procedures and instructions are followed, especially in relation to safety rules and policies
- Continuously give input and ideas to improvements on technical documentation, work instructions and certification processes
- Perform special tasks (up-tower repairs, main component replacements, upgrades, field tests etc.) and working with crane teams and subcontractors
- Highest level of safety awareness
- Qualified mechanical or machinery experience, such as heavy machinery, marine engineer, tool operator, car-, agricultural- or truck mechanics
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Computer literacy included structured reporting and data discipline
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
- An open-minded and positive attitude
- Structured and independent, resourceful to solve issues even when no support is available
- Flexible, as the position requires travelling and unplanned overtime may occur
- Good physical condition and ability to perform manual handling and working at heights
What we offer
In this position we offer freedom with responsibility in a stimulating environment of a fast-growing international company. We offer an extensive education program to ensure an investment in your professional development. Every day will be different, and you will get to work with some of the industry’s most skilled and experienced colleagues both locally and across the globe. At Vestas, we operate by a safety-first principle and working safely is a condition of employment. Apart from this, Vestas offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
This is traveling position. The team is working on a rotating traveling schedule, and you will be targeting Sweden & Finland, but also the Nordics and other NCE countries having approximately up to 200 traveling days per year.
Potential employees will perform a health check, which will be carried out during the recruitment process.
For additional information, please contact Supervisor, Kim Sloth at +45 2555 0109. Be advised to apply no later than 06/12/2023. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.