Do not wait! Apply for the role and join our journey with Vestas' team in Wisbech!
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > UK/IRE Area 3 - South East
The Service department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within the UK. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication are the key to our growth. You will have the opportunity to work for the global leader in sustainable energy, in an exciting industry, and in a team of highly motivated employees.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines to enable you to perform daily maintenance,
- Fault finding,
- Repairs, main components exchanges, and other field service-related tasks on mechanical and electrical systems.
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards while ensuring that service targets are met,
- To be a part of a team of service technicians working throughout the region.
- A previous experience with a mechanical or electrical engineering industry, with good evidence of problem-solving and fault-finding, GWOs and an AT/CT under WTSR will be advantageous but not required.
- Formal qualification in at least one of the above and have served an apprenticeship.
- The ability to work at a height of 100 meters and in adverse weather conditions.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Fluency in English in speaking and writing.
- A good level of computer literacy.
- A creative approach, being self-motivated well organized, and enthusiastic about engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both internal and external.
- A good understanding of and commitment to, the highest standard of health & safety in the work environment.
What we offer
We offer the chance to work as the global leader in sustainable energy, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, you will never stop learning and growing professionally and personally and it will give you a chance to work with some skilled colleagues both locally and further afield. We offer an attractive benefits package that will include private healthcare, private dental care, eye care, and a pension scheme with 25 days of annual holiday plus statutory bank holidays. This is a new position to match the capacity management figures for the Wisbech area and to further support the expansion of the business.
The work location: Wisbech, UK
If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible – by the latest 15.02.2024
We conduct ongoing interviews and close the position once the right person has been found.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.