Newport, United Kingdom
18 days ago
Power Solution > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Aerodynamic & Mechanical
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
The Blades Module Prototype Team are responsible for the development and verification of new blade designs and component integration. We are the link between design, process development and production. Placed at the cutting edge of Wind Turbine technology being instrumental in the early concept trials. We specialize in modular component manufacturing for mechanical and electrical testing for future blade concepts.
The Prototype Technician will be expected to support the goals and priorities of the production engineering team by providing a flexible approach to a broad range of job tasks. Reporting directly to the manager/team leader of the Prototype team within the Blade Module, combined they will provide a safe, professional, and reliable solution to new production processes in conjunction with other departments (VPS and blade manufacturing). With support to Vestas A/S worldwide on new and existing process integration. With a progressive mindset there are sometimes changes required in your working hours to accommodate project support.
As a Prototype Technician, you will work closely together with Engineers and Specialists, Technical Designers and Technicians across the organization to capture the necessary requirements for production of blades. Further, you will be:
- Creating and sustaining a safe working environment via risk assessment/lift plans and audits
- Assisting design processes, test trials, and providing data driven results via documentation
- Read and understand technical drawing/schematics/specifications and tolerances
- Understanding work instruction and provide instruction for production use
- Organise and handle projects with the scope of new product development, following an existing process flow
- Supporting quality design and manufacturing with issues related to CIM, design and manufacturing issues
To be suitable for the position, we expect you have:
- Ideally qualified to NVQ level 3 or Engineering degree in Composites/Manufacturing
- Familiar with 5why/8d techniques for identifying root causes
- A significant knowledge of composite engineering and manufacturing practices
- Experience with Microsoft office package
- Knowledge and understanding of Tooling design and 3D printing
- You hold full and clean driving license
On the personal level it is very important that you can play an active role in delivering quality focused influential interpersonal skills such as:
- Experience of working with limited supervision, as well as in a group/team
- Reliable and hard-working with a good attention to detail
- Calm and focused when working under difficult conditions
- Organised and process focused, with the ability to suggest and promote improvement
- You must have high level of communication skills and be able to work in a cross functional team.
- Enjoys complex tasks and finding solutions
What we offer
We offer an exciting workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a global wind turbine manufacturer. As a Prototype Technician, you will have the opportunity to engage in various improvement initiatives and training where you will be able to deliver great results. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Naturally we offer a great compensation and benefits package. You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a professional technical commitment in a very inspiring environment.
Your primary work location will be on Saint Cross, Isle of White (UK) office.
You will require travel to support factories around the world and can expect approximately 90 travel days per year.
The closing date for this posting will be 22nd of March 2023 and we will be reviewing applications continuously before this time.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.