Specialist, Production Excellence
25 days ago
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Manufacturing Process Excellence > Manufacturing Production Excellence
Global Manufacturing PEX Production is a department providing training, standardization, and support to all factories worldwide in production Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement, also working with NPI (New Product Introduction) projects for factory to follow production ramp-up, accordingly achieve the target takt time. The GMPEX reports to SVP of global manufacturing. The PEX Production team consists of 3 specialists/engineer where this position will be one of them. In GMPEX, we have colleagues worldwide working together towards the same goal, therefore we have this exciting new opportunity.
- Developing and deploying C/I production program to Vestas factories
- Ensuring governance for C/I program in place across the factories
- Ensuring a continuous improvement culture established and sustained in the factories through the C/I program deployment
- Facilitating large scale of workshops, manufacturing process improvements in the factories together with relevant stakeholders for takt time improvement and waste elimination.
- Working with NPI projects, making sure standard work package is created and prepared for new product launch and production start.
- Working with Technology Transfer projects, helping factory to launch a new product or production line by analyzing factory layout and production flow, then implementing Standard work and other Lean tools to continuously improve, accordingly achieve the target takt time
- Minimum a bachelor´s degree in production engineering, industrial engineering, or similar working experience
- Extensive understanding for the 7 wastes and how to eliminate them
- Extensive understanding for pull system and takt production
- Experience working with Lean Manufacturing and continuous Improvement
- Enjoy working first and foremost with people as it relates to change management and facilitating to large groups of diverse stakeholders
- Team oriented person who is enthusiastic about cross functional collaboration
- Good with numbers and evaluating data
- Good at communicating
- Good at keeping the focus on the goals and deliverables
- Solid skills in Microsoft office and ERP systems (SAP)
What we offer
We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural, and innovative organization focusing on reaching great results. To us, it is all about knowing the business and our employees, defining the right solutions, and getting it done. We want you to participate in that mission and of course, have fun along the way. By joining Vestas, you will have the opportunity to grow on a professional as well as a personal level, enhancing your knowledge by working closely with highly experienced and inspiring colleagues, globally.
Location: DK, Munkebo, Aarhus, Ringkøbing or Nakskov
You may expect up to 50 days of annual travel activity.
For additional information, please contact Hide Urata, CI Production Program Lead +4522464747
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th April 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.