Service APAC > Service AU/NZ > ANZ Region 2
Working as a Service Technician at Vestas on our new Lake Bonney Wind Farm, there is an opportunity to leverage your electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience while being part of the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. In Vestas, we have installed more wind power than anyone else, and the maintenance and service activities you do every day will contribute to us maintaining the best possible quality vital for both our customers and the planet.
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Electrical or Mechanical trade certificate accompanied by a passion to develop your skills further
- Good computer skills; experienced in handling different tools or systems to monitor work and documentation
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Valid driver's license
- A significant understanding of and commitment to the highest standard of health and safety in the work environment
- Ability to climb a wind turbine and perform tough physical work in heights as well as in various weather conditions
- Open to travel to other sites when required
- Enjoy working in teams and communicating with numerous stakeholders; you will work closely with others in the field but also connect with the wider business
- Solutions-oriented, independent, and well organized in your work
What We Offer
- We offer the chance to join the global leader in sustainable energy solutions, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, and you will get to work with some of the industry's most highly skilled and experienced colleagues both locally and across the globe.
- We recognize that as well as providing you with a challenging and varied work environment, we must also provide a rewards package to match. That is why, in addition to a competitive salary, working for Vestas comes hand-in-hand with an attractive benefits package.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.