Site Manager - Vic West
13 days ago
As Site Manager, you will be responsible to engage in the operation and maintenance of the projects. You will be engaged in managing stakeholders both internal and external, maintain site budgets, promote operational efficiency, and manage customer accounts and service contracts.
Your focus as the successful applicant will be to manage and support on-site service capabilities, creating a customer focused culture and maximizing profitability in line within Vestas Business objectives.
Region APC > Service APAC > Service AU/NZ
- Ensure Vestas HSE policies are effectively implemented and managed at each Wind Farm site of responsibility
- Lead and Manage all Direct reports and Site Employees to optimize Wind Farm performance and profitability
- Develop Wind Farm budgets and monitor expenditure against budget. Ensure cost control practices are implemented and executed
- Deputise as Regional Area Service Manager (ASM) in his/her absence
- Effective management, planning and execution of Service, Warranty & Continuous Improvement (CIM) works
- Manage and report to relevant customer queries as well customer service requests.
- Development of the business by ensuring system efficiency and setting progressive service strategies in collaboration with the Regional ASM
- Manage and liaise with sub-contractor relationships
- People leadership management
- Manage KPI and performance
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or similar
- Trades background well regarded but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Previously have managed teams in a major industrial service environment
- Managed service / maintenance operation in major infrastructure environments
- Continuous improvement in service/maintenance process
- Budget setting and Budget control in service environment
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication / negotiation
- Relationship building, both internal and external
- Ability to work in high stress situations
- Commercial acumen
- Decision making, to create action
- Ability to prioritise tasks – well organized
- Continual system improvement
- Excellent Computer literacy in SAP and MS Office suite of software
- Trouble shooting in high pressure environment
What We Offer
- A chance to make a difference on sustainability
- A high-paced working environment with great development opportunities
- Excitement, fun and ownership to make bring a rapidly growing business to new levels
- A strong safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects
- All potential employees may be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.