Project Civil Engineer
22 days ago
This role is for a qualified civil engineer to work closely with various teams such as bid, sales and construction execution teams to deliver Early Works packages, which includes directly engaging with clients, contractors and various authorities (e.g. councils, traffic authorities) across a number of projects. The role is primarily Melbourne office based, with occasional travel to sites as required. There may be an opportunity for the successful candidate to transition their role into a site-based project engineer role during execution upon contract award of project/s.
- Review of civil and structural design drawings and documentation against contractual obligations, industry standards, safety compliance and best practice
- Ensuring compliance with scope requirements, making sure all assigned works are completed on time and within budgetary limitations
- Ensure civil deliverables required to be submitted by Vestas to its customer is provided in a timely and high-quality manner
- Coordinate design interfaces with Electrical Engineer and other discipline leads
- Coordinate Safety in Design Reviews
- Review Inspection and test planning of civil components and infrastructure
- Witnessing inspection and tests of civil components and infrastructure
- Review of plant and material selection
- Reporting on progress of inspections / tests and QA/QC submissions
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical queries, variation and payment claims are assessed in a timely manner
- Liaise with and provide feedback to Melbourne based personnel. (Functional reporting)
- Attending site and progress meetings to assist with expert knowledge in these areas
- Monitor BOP progress and contribute to deriving solutions or mitigation measures should delays be incurred
- Maintain a good working relationship with onsite client and contractors
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with Quality and Site Safety requirements at all times
- Post Graduate Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Management of subcontractors and designers in a site based, construction environment
- Review of civil and structural design in a construction environment
- Experience with Pavement / Road / Drainage design highly valued
- Experience with Concrete / Foundation design highly valued
- Experience in negotiating with major stakeholders, both clients / contractors
- Ability to operate within high-pressure environment
- Experience in construction of Wind farms highly valued
- Advanced use of MS Office
- Experience with using document control systems highly valued (E.g. Team binder)
- Strong verbal and written communication / negotiation
- Relationship building, both internal and external
- Proactive view and practical approach toward role
- Commercial and Risk Awareness
What we offer
- We offer the chance to join the global leader in sustainable energy solutions, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, and you will get to work with some of the industry’s most highly skilled and experienced colleagues both locally and across the globe.
- We recognise that as well as providing you with a challenging and varied work environment, we must also provide a rewards package to match. That is why, in addition to a competitive salary, working for Vestas comes hand-in-hand with an attractive benefits package.
- You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is always prepared to support when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry.
If you’re passionate about our future and want to work for the world's leading wind energy solutions provider please apply. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date. Please note all potential employees will be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
- Health insurance