Project Management Office (PMO) APAC provides support across the region to standardise operation and ensure that Construction is building wind farms in a consistent way that factors in optimal way of operating. This involves identifying, implementing and documenting best processes, capturing and closing out lessons learned, and managing construction risks.
- Capture lessons learned within each sub-region across APAC (Australia/New Zealand; Asia; Offshore)
- Set up Focus Groups to capture input from interface departments on how to best close out each lesson
- Drive closure of lessons learned
- Update processes as needed to prevent lessons from re-occurring
- Work closely with other PMO functions and interface departments to promptly address lessons learned (Risk Management, Project and Site teams, Sales, Legal, Procurement, HSE etc)
- Support management reporting as required
- Engineering Degree preferred but not essential
- 5 years industry experience (PMO, Project Management)
- PMP Preferred
- Construction experience, onshore/offshore wind preferred
- Strong Stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong facilitator, able to lead a room of stakeholders towards the optimal outcome
- Actively and regularly follows up on all key points
- High attention to detail and yet able to see the big picture
- Ability to identify, facilitate and draft new processes
- Ability to understand Engineering aspects of wind farm construction.
- Proven track record in documenting and implementing best practice systems and processes.
- Diligent, motivated self-starter able to pro-actively guide a discussion towards an outcome.
- Cost awareness and customer orientation
- Experience with teams in a major project portfolio environment
- Basic understanding of Risk Management & challenges in the industry
- Software skills (excel, powerpoint)
- Experience in management reporting (big picture as well a detail)
What We Offer
- A professional safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Global career progression prospects
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.