Associate Project Manager
11 days ago
EVP NCE > SBU NCE Construction & Operations > Construction Onshore, North & West
The Construction Associate Project Manager assists the Project Management team in executing and delivering a commercially successful wind farm. You will be working closely with the project manager, contract management, transport, construction site management, and other supporting functions during project execution. Customer relationship management, quality and cost control, safety, risk/benefit assessment and leadership towards the complete project team are key functions in this role.
- Supporting Project Managers in initiating, planning, controlling and closing of all activities associated with the safe project execution
- Ensuring that projects are planned, optimized and executed with the correct scope, strategy, contract, time schedule, budget and are aligned between all stakeholders
- Contributing to HSE efforts for an injury and incident-free safety culture at the project site
- Tracking customer deliverables and ensuring information is timely and accurate
- Coordinating contractors and vendors
- Representing Vestas' values and advocating high standards in performance and integrity
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in construction management, Economics or Engineering (with additional knowledge in the area of business economics and commercials)
- You will have some established project management understanding; it could be technically focused but with a view to understanding the broader commercial setting
- Proven performance in working in teams and achieving results
- Proven ability to set and handle budgets and resources
- Professional commercial insight and understanding of financial impacts of decisions with respect to project budgets
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making skills with balanced risk-taking
- Proficient in English to a professional level in all aspects
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to coach, motivate and direct people
- Intercultural awareness and skills to supervise and align intercultural teams
- Ability to handle tense or conflict situations with a diplomatic approach
- Customer focused and solution-oriented
- Solid ability to overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
We offer an exciting opportunity to join the Construction department and be exposed directly to some very key aspects of what makes a Project Manager in Vestas. This is a job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, motivated, innovative and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Primary Location: Malmo, Sweden.
You will be required to travel around 60 days annually
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st May 2023.
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.