Sales > SBU NCE > BNL
Vestas Benelux is a Sales Business Unit with its main office in Arnhem (Netherlands) and is responsible for the Sales, Construction and Service of Vestas wind turbines in the Netherlands and Belgium. Our Benelux organization has approximately 150 employees, most of them Service Technicians working in the different regions. In the main office there're approximately 60 employees employed.
The goal of the Onshore Technician (f/m/d) role is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Performing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Troubleshooting and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary making use of internal or external cranes.
- Cooperating on workplace inspections at worksites
- Doing various electrical works (e.g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance)
- Doing various mechanical works (e.g. assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Informing the customer, the foreman and the workflow planner when, due to circumstances, the service work cannot be completed
- Compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine
- Recording failures (keeping a historical record) and down times
- Doing various administrative work, including keeping a logbook, an hourly record and a record of mileage
- Experience or degree within electricity or mechanics. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Hydraulic experience is an added advantage
- Professional experience in this area
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- English skills
- Driver's license class B
- Living in Belgium or close to Maldegem area (50 km) or willing to relocate
on own expense
- Willingness to travel, nationally and internationally
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Safety awareness
- Open and friendly attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
What we offer
We offer a diverse job, a professional learning environment and opportunities for career development at a well-known wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a growing industry. An attractive salary and benefits package are included.
Living in the area Maldegem, Belgium (maximum 50 km) or willing to relocate within the country. Please submit your application in English online on our career portal – thank you.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.