18 days ago
We are growing exponentially and we are currently looking for Service Technicians to join our team. At Vestas, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills together with the global leader in wind energy and contribute to a greener world.
EVP NCE > Region NCE > Technicians Ireland Midwest
The service department is responsible for the service and maintenance of wind farms within the UK and Ireland. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication are the keys to our success. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a team of highly motivated employees.
We will provide you with a comprehensive training to give you detailed knowledge of our wind turbines to enable you to perform daily maintenance and repairs and other field service-related tasks. You will be part of a team Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met.
As Service Technician, your primary tasks will be:
- Electrical and mechanical operations - also covering installation activities, usage of systems like Condition Monitoring / Remote Control and creating follow-up orders
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas’ specifications
- Working with other technicians and supervisors in the field, whilst also having regular contact with the office-based staff
- Component replacement (both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic) and troubleshooting on the systems
- Proven expereince of mechanical, electrical or hydraulic background
- The ability to work at a height of 100 meters and in adverse weather conditions
- Full, clean driving license
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing
- A good level of computer literacy; software, and related apps
- Good problem-solving and fault-finding skills
- Good team player who enjoys communicating with other parts of the organization
- You have a creative approach, self-motivated and well organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standard of health & safety in the work environment
What we offer
We offer you the chance to work for a leader in industry, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, and it will give you a chance to work with some skilled colleagues both locally and further afield. We offer an attractive benefits package that will include private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday plus statutory bank holidays
This is a Monday to Friday working schedule with 1 weekend in 3 on call - Candidates will have to be based in or around Letterkenny
You may also be asked to support other regions if required by the business.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.