Stock Keeper - Oyster Bay Windfarm, Humansdorp, Eastern Cape - South Africa
Kimberley, South Africa
30+ days ago
Region MED > SBU MED Service > Warehouse
- Maintain proper stock controls by performing manual and clerical tasks involved in receiving, preparation. and stocking, issuing, shipping, physical inventory, disposition, control and protection of company property.
- Support and suggest any remedial action required to prevent or resolve discrepancies.
- Operate electric powered and manual lift trucks.
- Perform tasks involved in controlling (maintaining, updating, sorting, filing, recording and issuing) various SAP or company documents.
- Support at the other Warehouses with same tasks where needed in South Africa
- 1-2 years of experience in general warehousing / distribution centers / or production environments.
- Working knowledge of stock control, inventory management practices and procedures.
- SAP or other Warehouse Management Systems experience.
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Able to follow established written, verbal instructions and company safety policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver's license
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Able to operate or learn to operate forklift. Relevant Certifications are preferred but not required.
- Body positioning: Able to climb stairs or ladders, Requires full/part time standing, Able to Lift/push/pull/carry weight according to Manual Handling Guidelines and recommended safety weight limits
- Work content: Able to use/hold/manipulate small tools and parts with hands. Simple grasping, power grasping and fine manipulation is required. Able to use inspection tools and perform torqueing operations.
- Vision/Hearing: High level Hand/Eye coordination required. Eye protection required in many instances.
- Environmental:. Capable of using personal protective equipment including hearing protection if required.
What we Offer:
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a dynamic job position in a fast-moving industry, with a high degree of autonomy in daily decision making and attractive salary and comprehensive benefits plans, such as healthcare and more.
The primary work location will be Oyster Bay Windfarm, Humansdorp, Eastern Cape. Travel within South Africa is required 20% of the time.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.