Region MED>SBU MED Service>Noblesfontein
Vestas now service more than 56,000 wind turbines and more than 11,000 dedicated service technicians across 77 countries work committedly to maintain and support the biggest wind turbine fleet in the world.
As the world's leading fleetwide service provider, Vestas is undergoing a growing level of scale and volume that can support the acceleration of the global energy transition in the years to come. Backed by unmatched industry experience and data insights gathered by servicing thousands of wind turbines all over the world, Vestas have the resources needed to elevate the maturity of the renewables industry, and the systems that support it. With more than 146 GW under service, Vestas helps remove over a hundred million tonnes of CO2 every year from the atmosphere by providing reliable, sustainable, and cost-effective renewable energy, meeting global energy.
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures.
- Act as a safety role model, encourage and recognize others completing safe acts, and intervene when unsafe acts are being practiced.
- Identify gaps in safety standards and safety risks in the operational environment, implement effective risk mitigation, and provide recommendations to higher-level technical staff and management
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, strong initiative, a no-compromise focus on safety, and quality of work on a continuous basis and may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff.
- Perform intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned, such as proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Document tasks where required and enters data into company system (e.g. SAP)
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge) and independently initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher-level technical staff
- Effectively promote strong team environment by assisting teammates in accomplishing goals and mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly support and promote change initiatives and team spirit and cooperation as well as proactively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels or implement improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interface with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Refer complex customer inquiries to higher-level technical staff or manager. Demonstrate strong customer focus at all times
- Tertiary diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) year technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a Wind Technician program, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, minimum three (3) years' experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills and/or composite skills
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Ability to demonstrate an intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence and good interpersonal and customer relation skills as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data and ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, in order to access work area as well as the ability to frequently lift, push, pull, and carry items up to 30 Kg in weight
- Ability to frequently walk, stand, look up/down, balance, stoop, twist, kneel, and bend and the ability to constantly grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools and turbine parts
- Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English as well as the ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent
- Ability to hear and see, including the ability to perceive depth and distinguish colours, sufficient to perform job functions and use close range radios and also able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fit test
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at a growing wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical commitment. As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: Medical Aid; annual leave and pension plan
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, colour, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to all, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.