Kimberley, South Africa
11 days ago
As the Purchaser of Crane and Installation for South Africa, you will be in charge of market mapping, localization opportunities, cost out initiatives and other initiatives to improve our position in the market. You'll have the following responsibilities:
- Define and implement, together with the global and regional team, the Cranes & Installation Strategy for South Africa.
- Manage RFQ's for Cranes and Installation (stakeholder management, supplier selection, contract preparation and negotiation)
- Ensure sustainable vendor portfolio and local content requirements.
- Lead Supplier Relationship and performance management.
- Establish a close link to the global Category Teams and subject matter experts for the respective items in the global Vestas organization
- Engage with stakeholders to understand our customers' requirements seeking for potential to improve our value proposition.
- Bachelor degree
- 5 years experience in Crane and Installation Procurement.
- Fluent in English
- South African supply market knowledge
What We Offer
We offer an exciting role in a developing, booming market environment, within that energy industry's most established OEM of sustainable energy solutions. You will be provided with an unique opportunity to set your footprints within an essential area of Vestas. You will be part of a regional and international team, with a high level of collaboration and a commitment to growth and development.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.