Inverness, United Kingdom
24 days ago
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Region 1 UK
You will work with multiple departments across Vestas globally and support our colleagues and customers in making Vestas operations teams perform at the highest level. This role is vital in cultivating the environment in the North of Scotland by offering leadership, support and direction to the local team leaders and technicians that form your wider team. You will report directly to the Area Manager of Great Britain working closely with the customer service team and internal planning functions to achieve your objectives and KPIs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervision and development of team & Safety leadership
- Financial performance, responsible for the site budget, cost center management, and operational efficiency
- Keeping operational goals
- Engaging and motivating site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Goals
- Determining coverage for on-calls during work hours (weekends and overtime)
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Identify and involve business stakeholders
- Ideally you will have previous wind Industry experience within a similar role but this is not required
- You will have experience managing Health,Safety and Quality, and be able to demonstrate that to a detailed level during the interview process
- You will ideally be degree qualified with previous experience working in an operational management role improving business performance
- You will have proven solid organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and change focus as per the needs of the business
- You will have highly developed communications skills, the ability to be clear and consistent with the customer message internally within Vestas
We expect that you:
- You will have previous management experience directing multi layered teams within an operational environment
- You will come from an electrical or mechanical background
- You can demonstrate solid business understanding, and know what it means to be "customer centric"
- You can demonstrate excellent stakeholder management at various levels
- Reliable and motivated, able to stay focused in a time-sensitive setting and keeping a clear overview
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise a range of tasks.
- You should be thoroughly familiar with Microsoft Office packages, Excel, Power Point and SAP skills are beneficial
What we offer
We offer an environment where you are working towards the energy solutions of the future within an extremely passionate team. Here you will work alongside some of the most knowledgeable people in the renewable industry and the benefits alongside this are great; bonus, medical, dental, pension, Vestas shopping perks and more.
Your work location will be in GB, Inverness.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV no later than on 17th of June.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.